Someone is watching you sleep! They know how much you sleep at night, how many times you wake up and track your deep or light sleep stages! Wondering who are they? Yes, They are none other than Best sleep Monitors.
Best Sleep Monitors 2017 are here to perfectly fit the job!
Do you know, Man is the only mammal that willingly delays sleep?
Sleep monitors track your sleep schedule and lets you know the quality as well as the quantity of sleep you have.
In order to assess our own fitness, we need to have apt knowledge of our sleep hours as well as the quality. We cannot do it manually. Can we? Hence, we make the use of gadgets and gizmos over here to fulfil the need.
Be it for someone who is dealing with sleep disorder or someone who has a curiosity to know how well he or she sleeps, best sleep monitors can be used for self assessment with complete trust.
Sleep monitors or sleep trackers are basically the devices which are specialised to watch over your sleeping habits and track your sleep cycle. This is done for the assessment of one’s fitness and know the health status.
Sleep monitors are available in form of fitness bands, fitness watches, fitness trackers with heart rate and many forms! Technological advancements are progressive, and you never know what kind of gizmo can turn up next!
When we think of spending some money on such gadgets, we highly expect the outcomes to be fruitful. Hence, it is always better to buy products which have good performance at reasonable rates. So, here is the Best Sleep Monitors Buyer’s Guide, to help you out!
|Best Sleep Monitors||Features||Ratings |
|Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + fitness wrist band||Simple and comfortable||9.6|
|Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker||Classic and Cheap||8|
|Beautyrest Sleep Tracker Monitor- Wearable free sleep tracker||Installed in Bed||7.6|
|Samsung Gear fit2 smart watch||Play music and Water resistant design||7.4|
|Zeo Personal Sleep Manager||Headband||7.2|
|Withings Aura Smart Sleep System||Non-wearable, Human centred design||7|
|Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Tracking system + 2 Sleep sensors||Shareable with whole family||6.8|
|Fitbit Surge Fitness Super Watch|| Bulky and based on |
|Sleep Shepherd Blue Wearable biofeedback sleep aid with smart alarm||Advanced sleep tracking and breakthrough sleep optimization||5.8|
|Microsoft band 2- medium||Fit for athletes with diverse interests (running, biking, golf etc.)||5.6|
The globalisation provides us with a wide range of choices, and I know it feels conflicted when it comes to gadgets. We need good performance, better results, comfort and durability- all in one system. And, our expectations keep on going high as we are investing in it.
However, you need to keep this in mind that surveys can only give us data based on research. And, the products are not listed from best to worst. They, in fact, are the top 10 products based on customer reviews. Each product can suit to variable crowd.
I have created a list of best sleep monitors to aid you. Here it goes!
BEST SLEEP MONITORS 2017 Buyer’s Guide
- Product dimensions: 9.9 x 0.9 x 0.5 (1.3 ounces)
- Shipping weight: 8.5 ounces
- Large OLED screen with tap display
- Continuous, automatic wrist band with PurePulse Heart Rate
- Auto-sleep tracking
- Multi-sport tracking and Connected GPS
- Call, Text and Calendar Alerts
- Guided Breathing Sessions
Fitbit is a promising brand, which has developed Fitbit Charge 2 making it as the #1 Selling tracker. It is light in weight product and tracks your physical activities. It generates a personalised cardio fitness score and determines real time stats. Whether you take steps, burn calories, climb stairs or jump, it watches over everything.
You can get a better understanding of your fitness level and improve the scores of your cardio fitness eventually by regular assessment. Real time stats can be easily obtained when connected to GPS on run mode.
Also, since it tracks your sleep, it has the inbuilt capability to wake you up in the morning with a silent vibrating alarm.
It comes in variable sizes, to fit to your wrist perfectly. Also, you may like to add a screen protector to it, to shield your screen display. The bracelet strap is replaceable. Stainless steel or a fabricated band- it is all your choice. Accessory bands are, no doubt, interchangeable.
- Multi-sport tracking
- Connected GPS
- SmartTrack- Auto Exercise Recognition
- Long battery life (up to 5 days)
- Guided breathing sessions
- Tapping system on the screen is not completely reliable
- Sizes available are limited
- Not so impressive outlook
- Precise, but not accurate
What does the Editor say?
- Simple yet dynamic activity tracker
- Beauty lies in its simplicity
- Can be worn all day and all night
- Has a good durability.
- Consider the battery life and features
- Counts as one of the reliable product
- Comfortable on your wrist, and very easy to observe under sunlight
- The display is quite bright, and doesn’t hurt eyes
- Dimensions – 9.4 x 0.6 x 0.4 inches (1.1 ounces)
- Shipping weight – 8.8 ounces
- Available in 5 colours
- Available in 3 sizes- Small, Large and X- Large
- Bright OLED tap display
- Interchangeable bands
- Call, Text, Calendar Alerts
Fitbit Alta is another one from our list of best sleep monitors, that tracks the steps, distance and active minutes. It also takes into account the calories you burned. The stats and time are visible on the screen.
The auto sleep tracking device watches over you while you sleep. It monitors how long you sleep, how well you sleep and sets a silent, vibrating alarm to wake you up. The bands are interchangeable, but sold separately.
- Slim, Trim and Smart
- All Day Activity
- Tap Display
- SmartTrack Auto Exercise Recognition
- Up to 5 day battery life
- Style on your own
- IR-resistant to water
- No alert of a missed call or text
- Limited use of characters
- Sometimes, sync issues
What does the Editor say?
- Easy to set up
- Smart to wear and easy to style according to the occasion
- Bands are available in three styles- metal, leather and sport
- Band shows the time, texts, calls, steps, battery level, miles, day and date
- Time visibility gives the fitness tracker the identity of a watch
- Either tap the screen or turn the wrist down and then up, the display shows what you have fixed in it
- Alert in every hour
- Pushes you to be active. Would you like to listen to someone who constantly reminds you “get moving, only 100 more steps”?
Beautyrest SleepTracker is a premium sleep monitoring device, which is Alexa enabled to make your bed smarter.
If you are looking for a sleep tracker which you don’t want to wear on your wrist, then this fits the purpose in the most appropriate way. It works on any mattress, bedding or box-spring.
The highly accurate sensors take notice of the respiration and heart rates, along with the body movements. They also have the ability to detect your wakefulness. There is a sleep cycle alarm, which has an apt wake-up time for you.
The powerful processor records your sleep patterns and rhythms, and gives you the accurate information for real time analysis and improvement. Moreover, the Beautyrest Sleeptracker monitors 2 sleepers at once, and give individualistic data.
It is Wi-Fi enabled and can be synced with sleep monitoring app. The data is interpreted into a smart, actionable advice, through which you can have the next night sleep sound and productive.
- Pulse rate and breathing monitoring
- Sleep patterns and movement analysis
- Never have to wear anything
- Monitors 2 sleepers at a time
- Nightly sleep scores and sleep trend reports
- Valuable and reasonably accurate feedback
- Subscription for premium services
- Complex app setup
What does the Editor say?
- Reliable sleep monitoring device
- Well known for accurate results and smooth performance
- Bit pricey with the subscriptions. But, definitely worth it!
- Smart device, all equipped with hi-tech sensors, intuitive app and powerful processor
- Knows your sleep well and then, guides you through
- The app, though complex to understand at first, is user friendly and once you get thorough with the usage, you will take the process smoothly.
For those who suffer with a medical condition, this device has aided them in their sleep monitoring and health upliftment. Several experiences could be read online.
- Product size: 2.72 x 6.42 x 3.62
- Weight: 3.84 ounces
- In the box- Samsung Gear Fit2 Band and Charging Cradle
- GPS Mapping
- Auto Tracking Recognition
- Easy access to Notifications and Apps
- Access to Music
Samsung Gear Fit2 closely monitors your activity levels and automatically identifies them. The advance fitness tracking system allows you to achieve your fitness goals with a smooth approach. The pedometer takes account of your step work and the heart rate monitor looks after your cardiac process.
The built-in GPS lets you track your own distance, without the aid of mobile phone. Map your activity on-screen easily with the colourful display.
The best part lies in the musical element. You can play music while you work out. You can store your favourite songs in the Samsung Gear Fit 2 or, you can connect it to your phone, with an access to over millions of songs.
Also, the method of charging is pretty simple. You just need to place this fitness and sleep tracker right on the charging cradle, and it begins to charge. The battery works up to 3-4 days, without causing any interference in your workout.
- Automatic Multi-sport tracking
- Water resistant
- Curved full colour super AMOLED screen
- Access to music
- Convenient charging cradle
- Premium apps free for a year
- Android and iOS compatible
- Battery issues, sometimes
- Charging cradle is ultimately connected to some charging port
- Accuracy may dwindle sometimes
What does the Editor say?
- Has everything just like other fitness tracker watches
- Has a good display, smooth tracking system, sensors, data recorder, GPS connection and what not
- The special feature is the musical part.If you like to listen to music while working out, Samsung Gear Fit 2 may prove to be an apt fitness tracker. Perhaps, if we talk about the sleep monitoring skills, you need to wear this on your wrist while you sleep.
- The charging cradle system is unique and you may take this device as something to brag about to your friends.People do complaint about battery running out early. But, batteries are supposed to run out when you use them completely. Right?
- If you face any issues, customer care service is always a message, call or e-mail away.
- Product dimensions- 7.5 x 3.5 x 4 inches
- Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Lightweight wireless headband
- Bedside Display with a set of online analyzing tools
- e-mail based personalized coaching programme
Zeo Personal Sleep Manager is the wearable sleep tracker, which is actually personalized for you. It tells you how you sleep, what makes you lose your sleep, rem- the quality and quantity of your sleep, to be precise.
After reporting you about your own stats, it suggests you and coaches you for improvements. It can be used well on a daily basis, and it will not trouble you.
In the box, the contents are the lightweight headband, bedside display, a set of analytical online tools and an email based personalized coaching program.
The headband has the SoftWave sensor based technology, which works by tracking the electrical signals of the brain while sleeping. The data gets recorded, and you are able to see the stats on the display. The data can be stored for 2 weeks at the most, for easy reviewing and analysis.
SmartWake alarm feature looks for the best time of your sleep cycle to wake you up- “natural awakening point”. It will, in no way interfere with your sound sleep.
With SD memory card and its USB adapter, you can upload your own data on the myZeo Personal Coaching website. The Sleep Journal and the Sleep tools aid you in getting better insight to the healthy lifestyle.
- Nice, Digital, Clear and Stylish Display
- Transferable SD card
- Graphical sleep monitoring
- Easy analysis and storage of data
- Online Library and other resources
- Head-sensor is uncomfortable at night
- Rare replacement of parts
- No secondary fitness tracking function
- No updates or support from manufacturer
What does the Editor say?
- Personalized for you
- Wear the headband while you sleep, and the sleep tracking device shall track your sleep
- You can view the stats next morning on the display very well.
- The accuracy, the performance and the outlook is incredible!But, would you wear this on your head at night? If you are comfortable to do so, then yes, it works the best. If not, you won’t be able to sleep by constantly thinking about this band sitting on your head, and you may blame it then for not letting you have a good sleep (which is not true). Keep in mind that this sleep monitor has to be worn on your head.
- Note that this sleep monitor has no secondary feature to track any other sport or physical activity. You may compare this with other fitness trackers, and you may find other devices as “multi-talented”, whereas Zeo Personal Manager is a centered device.Let me tell you that even though Zeo Personal Manager has a central focus of function, this sleep tracker does its job very smoothly.
When you will check the reviews, you will come to know something about the company. The company has stopped manufacturing and working, which is a very important point to note. What if some part needs a replacement or servicing? There is no consumer support from the company.
However, the product comes with a user friendly manual and several other informative resources are present for guidance. Some parts are available in the market, but not original.
You need to decide wisely, and take responsibility on your own.
Withings Aura- Smart Sleep System is a system that tracks sleep with features of light and sound. It tracks your sleep, and aids you in going into the sleep as well as coming out of it. It wakes you up at the best time possible, with the complementary light and sound effects.
No doubt, its Sunset Lighting feature is widely popular. This sleep monitor comes with this unique feature of multi-colour LED dimming light technology, which has a scientific correlation with the secretion of Melatonin, the hormone responsible for sleep-wake cycle in us.
This Smart Sleep system is programmed very smartly with the combination of contact-free sleep sensor (to be tucked under the mattress), an active light and sound Bedside device, and a smartphone app.
It seamlessly tracks your sleep and environment, and wakes you up at the best moment, so that you don’t grumble for inadequate sleep.
The design of this sleep monitoring device is in such a way that we can control it according to the situation. The device connects when you need to use it, to avoid unnecessary exposure to the electromagnetic airwaves.
The touch sensitive interface allows you to dim the lights, change the volume of the speakers, and launch and end sleep programs by simply tapping or swiping your hand on the device.
The sleep monitoring app has power naps and relaxation sessions. The programs have a design to aid you in recharging your body to the fullest.
- User Friendly
- Contact free
- Elegant and Smart in design and programming
- 100+ compatible partner apps and services
- Light and sound regulation
- Human centered
- Light and sound might be uncomfortable sometimes
- Complex set up at the initial level
- Cannot monitor 2 people with one device
Withings Aura- Smart Sleep System is, no doubt, smartly designed and an active sleep monitoring device.
- Product dimensions- 3 x 3 x 3 inches
- Shipping weight- 1.6 pounds
- Tracks the entire family’s sleep
- Color- Blue + Rose
- Sleep tracking system + 2 sleep sensors
When you care about the whole family’s sleep, Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Tracking System is the best choice out of all. It has the ability to track light sleep, deep sleep and awake phase, keeping in mind the kids’ sleep pattern.
It also monitors the temperature and humidity of the room, and ensures that the environment is best suited for a sound sleep.
A smart alarm clock lets you wake up fresh and energised for the school day and the working days. Plus, you don’t need to wear it or carry it along with you. Just keep the sensors under the corners of the bedding and everything works on its own.
Also, it has compatibility with some of the smart bulbs, to give you the soothing light feature for sleep. The best part- it is for the whole family! It can connect up to eight miniHugs to the hugOne base.
- Simple to use
- For the whole family
- Non wearable
- No synchronisation or recharging required
- Monitors environment (temperature, humidity and air quality)
- Personalised scores and advice
- Hard to control lights
- Less customised app
- Data interpretation is complex
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Tracking System is a sleep monitoring device, which is designed for the whole family purpose. It is neither limited up to 1 person, nor 2 persons- but, up to 8 miniHugs (sleep sensors).
- It is non wearable, and easy to set. The light effect is meant to aid you in sleeping. Also, it takes into consideration the distinct sleep pattern of kids.
- It looks after your room environment as well, checking its temperature, humidity and the quality of air. That’s cool, right?
- Many people complain about the inaccuracy and the deviation from exact reports, and yes, they compare as well. But, don’t you think that’s how machines are. They can make mistakes.
- They may produce technical or mechanical errors. Anything can happen. Customer care service matters here the most.
- The app is not highly customised, but it is easy for you to use.
- Product dimensions- 8.2 x 1.4 x 0.6 inches (2.7 ounces)
- Shipping weight- 12 ounces
- Based on performance fitness
- Colour: black
Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch is a fitness tracker watch on our best sleep monitor list, which has been high in demand by the fitness freaks.
It has GPS tracking system, which lets you see the distance, pace, routes and split timings even. It is continuous and automatic in working, with the sleep monitor system and wake up alarm.
You can sync this fitbit sleep tracker with the computer or any of your smartphone, and obtain the real time stats.
It tracks all your activities, and records the data safely. Yes, the display lets you have a look at all the notifications of calls and texts received.
Don’t forget that it has a long battery life, which can live up to 7 days.
- Multi-sport Tracking System
- Long Battery Life
- Wireless Syncing
- Integrated food tracking
- Bulky size which interferes with the sleeves
- Lack of stopwatch
- No tracking for some activities
- Fitbit family is huge, and thus, Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch comes under performance fitness specialisation. It is a watch that tracks your sleep as well as other sports.
- Yes, it has a good display which will show all your notifications of calls and texts. It also has a GPS system and the pulse rate monitor.
- The band is stylish and sporty, and serves the purpose well. But, it does blocks the way of your jacket sleeves.
- Some things are missing, like stopwatch, tracking cycling and so on. But, again, it can be improved well by the company in the updates.
- Food tracking is integral part of this fitness tracker, and you would enjoy it once you try it out.
- You must not miss upon the point of long battery life. Battery life matters a lot!
- Product dimensions- 7.5 x 6.3 x 2.8 inches
- Shipping weight- 1 pound
- Advanced Tracker with EEG sensors
- Biofeedback Sleep aid
- Breakthrough sleep optimisation
Sleep Shepherd Blue is an advanced sleep tracking system which performs breakthrough sleep optimisation. It is a comfortable headband, that is adjustable and has thin speakers.
The fabric of the headband has EEG sensors, which track your sleep by measurements. It then combines the brainwave data with motion, and presents the results to you.
The application allows you to save data on different basis, presents the data in easy form and gives customised tips from the sleep experts. The app is easy to sync, and lets you access to multiple resources.
The accuracy has been appreciated by several sleep experts, and the working is quite smart and user friendly.
- comfortable headband (wearable even when you side sleep)
- Breakthrough sleep optimisation
- flexible speakers
- Biofeedback system and customised binaural beats
- Loose fitting of the headband poses a problem
- The data might not be meaningful at times
- Sleep Shepherd Blue is a wearable sleep aid and sleep tracker, with an advanced system of processing. No doubt, it is unique and the headband takes away all our attention.
- The headband is adjustable, comfortable and will not trouble you by creating bumpy layers on your head while sleeping. Yes, the pre-requisite is that you have to position it well.
- Then, the EEG sensors and their working is pretty dynamic for a sleep monitor to hold in itself.
- The brainwave motion and the data collected presents you with the personalised tips and guidelines for improvement of sleep.
- Yes, the wake up alarm works just like in other devices of our best sleep monitors list.
- However, these features don’t come easy. Sleep Shepherd Blue is expensive and technologically advanced system.
- You need to have a good budget to buy such a sleep monitoring device.
10. Microsoft Band 2
- Product dimensions: 4.8 x 4.8 x 1.7 inches (medium size)
- Available in 3 sizes: Large, Medium, Small
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- Multi-sport fitness tracker
- 11 sensors + GPS + barometer + UV monitor
- Curved screen
Microsoft Band 2 is a finely designed fitness band by Microsoft. It has advanced technology system which tracks your sleep, heart rate, exercise, Calorie burn and many things.
It keeps you connected with your texts, call, email and calendar alerts. The band can be easily connected to the phone app Microsoft Health, which has a customised dashboard for you.
GPS tracking keeps a record of your movement and records the data for future reference.
The Guided workouts come in addition! These guided workouts are designed by pros like Gold’s Gym, Shape and Men’s fitness.
The app has collaborations with these premium fitness health organisations, and provides up to date information and ways to improve fitness.
The unique element is the curved screen, which has 11 sensors. The screen is bright and easily visible in the daylight. What else? Go through the pros and cons.
- Comfortable, slim band
- Curved screen with hi-tech sensors and good light
- Reply back feature to text and email
- Barometer sensor to detect curls or squats
- Guided workouts by Pros
- App easy to sync and optimise
- Watch out for screen while doing office work
- Battery issues
Microsoft band 2 is an elite fitness tracking device, which does not only watches over your sleep, but also tracks other fitness activities as well. The band is attractive, stylish and has advanced technology base. The curved screen with those 11 sensors and the barometer is a new feature, exclusive till now.
The band is available in three sizes, but people still complain about its tearing apart. This only happens when there is a mechanical error or you do something very aggressive that it tears apart. The band is not durable, though. You may need to change the band in 5 months or so.
The app Microsoft Health is another exclusive component of this product to keep you updated and engrossed in fitness. It has tips and guidelines by some pros like Gold’s gym and so on.
You will find this product very interesting with its Microsoft brand and the invention. The battery is integrated, which shows that it has limited life expectancy. And, yes, it is expensive.
Which one of these is the best sleep monitor for 2017?
We have put forth the list of best sleep monitors for 2017, above. But, out of them, what we feel the best for you is Microsoft band 2, if you want to wear it.
It is neither highly customised for fitness nor too simple to use. It comes with the name of Microsoft, and the band as well as the app- both serve the purpose very well. The band is stylish, elegant and trustworthy. The screen and its dynamic structure gives it a special outlook.
You don’t need to worry about the charging being drained out or the complex set up, which is required by other sleep monitors and trackers. You just have to wear it. The slim fit design will not interfere with your sleeves, and will suit the masculine as well as feminine body.
The Guided workout sessions and tips by fitness pros is another plus point. Yes, it is a little expensive. But, you can rely on consumer support and services. Also, keep looking for new updates, which definitely shall be more interesting.
It is the best wearable fitness tracker we could suggest you for this year, by compiling data and conducting surveys. We look forward for you to have a much better and happy experience with our choice of product!