Bridal Hairstyle Ideas To Glam Up The Best Day of Your Life
The beautiful Indian bride! What comes to your mind? A scintillating woman clad in an enthralling attire, a lovely bridal hairstyle, stunning jewellery and intricate henna designs on the hands and feet?
Well, you aren’t the only one. Each one of us has witnessed a bride-to-be who leaves us looking at her in awe on her wedding. But it takes a lot of blood and sweat, not literally, to reach there.
Before her D-day, each bride-to-be gets anxious over things such as her bridal makeup and bridal hairstyle. If you’re also going to get hitched and worried about the same, then you needn’t go anywhere. We have brought you absolutely beautiful bridal hairstyle ideas that can help you catch everyone’s attention.
Before letting you know about the wedding hairstyles, here are certain tips that you can follow to get flawless hair :
- If your hair is damaged then you can seek professional help or resort to homemade remedies to treat them. There are hair spa treatments that can help you in treating your rough and dull hair.
- If you have problems like itchy scalp or dandruff issues, do not fret over them. Hair Spa has solutions for them too.
- Eat a healthy diet and do not take stress over anything. We’re here to help you.
Now let’s move onto our top 10 bridal hairstyle ideas which will add to your shimmer, you beautiful ladies :
1. Side Swept Curls
With the gorgeous wedding lehenga, embellishment of the stunning jewellery and minimalistic bridal makeup, side swept curls is the bridal hairstyle which will work wonders. It will accentuate your look and complement your wedding attire flawlessly.
Furthermore, if you have long and straight hair, this bridal hairstyle could prettify you even more. And of course, you can vouch for curls as they’re one of the best wedding hairstyles for long hair in India.
In case you want to have this bridal hairstyle but you are bothered by hair fall problems, there are remedies that can help you in reducing hair fall and thereby, increase the length of your hair. And the best part? They’re herbal.
How To Style?
In order to get this bridal hairstyle, you would need a heat protectant, a curling iron, bobby pins, light hold hairspray, wide-toothed comb and a pretty juda pin to beautify the wedding hairstyle.
- To start with, apply the heat protectant all over your hair after you’ve washed and dried it off. It keeps a check on any kind of damage caused to your hair because of heat.
- Then comb your hair and make sure it’s completely tangle free. After that, take small sections of your hair and start curling with the help of the curling iron.
- Once you’re done, deep part your hair on one side.
- Now, on the side which has more hair, let those gorgeous locks descend down on the front by pinning them stylishly at the back.
- Repeat the process on the other side as well. Now make sure all your hair rest completely on one shoulder.
- Use the fancy juda pin to add glitter to this bridal hairstyle. Apply some hairspray to let this bridal hair stay in place. And then, you’re all ready to rock your wedding, lady! 😉
2. The Voluminous Loose Braid
Have you ever wanted to emphasize your bridal look with your hair looking voluminous? If yes, then you’ve got the perfect bridal hairstyle In India for you. You won’t need the hotch-potch of hairsprays and curling irons but you’ll look exactly like a diva out of your man’s dreams. 😉
If you’ve got medium to long hair length, you can prefer this bridal hairstyle out of all other wedding hairstyles.
Sometimes, hair problems like dandruff pose as an obstacle in having thicker, healthier and long hair. You can get rid of them before your D-day arrives by the help of certain home remedies.
How To Style?
You need a wide-toothed comb, a texturizing spray, a hair elastic and a stunning maang-teeka to glam up your bridal hair.
- Comb your hair and add some texturizing spray to it.
- Part your hair on one side and swoop all your hair over one shoulder.
- Start braiding your hair loosely. You can also try French braiding. That would add an extra oomph to this bridal hairstyle.
- Make sure you braid your hair until the end and then secure it with the hair elastic.
- Loosen the braid by pulling it lightly. This would make your hair look voluminous and graceful.
- Wear the maang-teeka and you’re done, milady. 😉
3. Criss Cross Bun With Flowers
A bun or updo is a classic bridal hairstyle that can take your bridal look to a top notch. It enhances your aura and is sure to turn heads on your special day. You can add flowers, the famous gajra or other embellishments to add to the glitter. This is one of the top-listed wedding hairstyles in India.
Be it medium length or long hair, you can choose this bridal hairstyle if you want to look stupendous on the special most occasion of your life.
How To Style?
You need a wide-toothed and a fine-toothed comb, smoothening hair serum, U pins, hair donut, hair elastic, strong hold hairspray and embellishments according to your need.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to de-tangle your hair and make sure it’s frizz free.
- To continue you need to smoothen out your hair and hence, use the smoothening serum. It will even out your hair and it will be easier to make this bridal hairstyle.
- Take 2-inch sections of your hair on both your left and right temples and make a partition from the rest of your hair.
- Next, comb all the hair using the fine-toothed comb and tie them into a neat ponytail using the hair elastic.
- Now, insert the ponytail into the hair donut and start rolling it upwards.
- Make sure you spread the ponytail evenly so as to keep the donut hidden.
- After the hair donut reaches to the top of the ponytail, use the pins to secure it in its place.
- Now, for this bridal hairstyle, take the left out section of your hair on the left, cross it over the bun and pin it on the right side. Repeat the same on the opposite side with the left our hair on the right.
- To add to the cherry to the cake, insert the embellishments. That would complete the look. If you want a gajra to do the needful, take it from below the bun and pin it on the sides. And you’re ready to be the super star of the show. 😉
4. Simple Long Braid with Floral Accessories
Generally, weddings in South India are incomplete without this bridal hairstyle. The bride looks nothing less than a queen in the gorgeous saree with a long pallu, long braid embellished with flowers and gold accessories and the quintessential and shimmery gold jewellery matching the outfit.
If you love this wedding hairstyle but wondering if it is possible with your medium length hair, then you needn’t worry. You can use hair extensions to perfect this bridal hairstyle. So, you just cannot name it as one of the wedding hairstyles for long hair in India. It can come true for anyone of you. 🙂
How To Style?
For this oh-so-beautiful bridal hairstyle, you would need smoothening serum, a fine-toothed comb, bobby and U pins, hair extensions, if required, hair elastic and hair accessories, whether floral or gold, according to your own need.
- Start combing your hair and make it completely tangle free. Apply some smoothening serum to even out your hair.
- Back comb your hair and if you want to use a maang-teeka, start by parting your hair in the middle.
- Take a small section of your hair on the right side, twist it and pin it at the back. Repeat this on the other side. This will give you a sleek look to your face.
- Further, start braiding your hair by dividing it into three sections. Braid neatly. And if you’re using hair extensions, then spread it evenly on the three sections when you’re nearing the end of your hair. Continue braiding the extensions as neatly as possible. Tie the end of your hair with the hair elastic.
- Wedding hairstyles are incomplete without the hair accessories. So start inserting them into your hair to perfect this bridal hairstyle.
- If you’re using flower accessories, start pinning them as well. Secure the accessories well with bobby pins and U pins.
- Adding some gajra will add a pinch of prettiness to your bridal hair. Now, you’ll be all ready to shine like a diva. 😉
5. Messy Updo
Updos have always been one of the most vintage wedding hairstyles in India. They bring out a confident and bold lady out of you. And choosing the messy updo for your bridal hairstyle will only add to your glam-sham.
Messy updos look flawless for medium hair and long hair as well. If you’re looking for wedding hairstyles that’d add to the goodness to your special day, go for this bridal hairstyle without having a second thought.
How To Style?
For the uncluttered bridal hairstyle, you need a fine and a wide-toothed comb, texturizing spray, hair elastic, hair donut, teasing comb, bobby pins and U pins, curling iron, heat protectant and strong hairspray to keep your bridal hair intact.
- Comb your hair well and start by spraying some texturizing spray.
- Divide all your hair into two sections, horizontally. And clip away the front portion for a hassle free procedure.
- Tie the left out hair into a ponytail and make sure you keep the ponytail as high as you can.
- Using the donut start rolling your hair throughout the length of the ponytail till it reaches its base and then use the bobby and U pins to secure it. Ensure that the donut is completely hidden. Because it’s a messy updo, you needn’t keep it tight or neat.
- Now, you need to start styling the front portion of your hair. Remove the clip and take small sections. Tease them using the teasing comb. This would ensure a good volume out of it.
- Now, for this bridal hairstyle, take the entire hair on the front and separate few strands of your hair. You can style them later on.
- Now neatly secure the hair with a hair elastic and smoothen it out a bit. Spritz some hair protectant and using the curling iron give an outward curl to your hair. Curl the entire ponytail hair.
- Let loose the right section of your hair and see them flow as soft curls. Repeat the same procedure on the other side. Start plaiting your ponytail hair and secure it with bobby pins and U pins.
- And the curls? They are supposed to rest on the upper side of the bun. After you’re done, spray the strong hold hairspray to keep your bridal hairstyle intact.
Quite complex isn’t it? Well, you can take help from the bridal makeup professionals if you want to. They give you the perfect finesse, be it in your eye makeup, facial makeup or hairstyle. Eventually, you’ll emerge as a stunner on your wedding. 😉
6. Simple Open Casual Hairstyle
Are you someone who likes keeping everything natural? Then I’m sure this bridal hairstyle is perfect for you. Let your minimized bridal makeup, gorgeous wedding outfit, and the casual bridal hair do the talking and turn heads on your wedding.
No matter what length is your hair, this is one of the simplest wedding hairstyles in India that suits everybody. So, short, medium or long, this bridal hairstyle is a sure shot to make you look like a living dream.
How To Style?
You need a hairbrush and a straightening iron along with a heat protectant spray if you intend to straighten out your locks a bit.
- Start by brushing your washed and dried hair. Brush well and keep it neat.
- If you want to straighten your hair, spritz some hair protectant onto your hair.
- Take the straightening iron and even out your hair by straightening small sections.
- After you’re done, middle part your hair. In case you want to add some hair accessories like an elegant maang-teeka, it would beautify you even more.
- Complete your bridal makeup and you’re done with the bridal hairstyle, girl. You’d look oh-so-amazing in this effortless bridal hair.
7. Decorous Side Bun
Designer wedding outfits are trending a lot these days. And trust me, with this bridal hairstyle, you’d add to the cheer that your wedding attire brings to you. This will make you look smoking beautiful and add a sensual touch to your bridal look.
When you walk down the aisle with that glowing face and sensuous look, there won’t be a single person who won’t admire you.
How To Style?
For this bridal hairstyle, you need heat protectant spray, straightening iron, a hair elastic, bobby pins and strong hairspray.
- Comb your hair well and apply heat protectant spray all over. Straighten all your hair using the straightening iron.
- Now, divide your hair into two sections horizontally and leaving the front section, tie the left out hair into a low ponytail on the side using the hair elastic.
- Take a 2-inch section of your ponytail and roll it into a bun and pin it. Take another 2 inch section of your hair and roll it to pin it just like before. But this time pin it above the first section of your hair, so as to wrap it around it.
- Keep repeating the procedure until the entire hair from the ponytail are wrapped loosely around each other forming a low side bun.
- Now the front section needs to by styled for this bridal hairstyle. Start by partitioning them into two sides.
- Give a French twist to the side with more hair and once you’re done pin it to the other side across the bun. Repeat the same on the other side.
- Apply a strong hairspray to prevent the hairdo from losing its place. And then, you’re all set for your D-day with the absolutely charming bridal hair. 😉
8. Elegant Floral Braid
Flowers enhance the beauty of nearly everything. And weddings in India have always been a charming affair, of course with the presence of flowers and other floral accessories. So, how can the wedding hairstyles stay away from such beautiful beings?
Let your bridal hairstyle infuse with flowers and I’m sure you would emerge looking as a simple yet glamorous looking bride. And not to forget, it is one of the simplest wedding hairstyles for long hair that make you look like a princess.
How To Style?
You need a heat protectant spray, a curling iron, U pins, hair elastic, wide-toothed comb, bobby pins and artificial flowers as embellishments.
- Apply some heat protectant onto your washed and well combed hair.
- Use the curling iron and curl all your hair. This would enhance the beauty of this bridal hairstyle.
- Side part your hair. The front sections of your hair can be bundled onto the top of your head randomly to give a voluminizing effect. Secure the bundle with U pins.
- Now, swoop all your hair to one side and let them fall on one shoulder.
- Start braiding it and keep it as a long flowy side braid. Secure it with a hair elastic at the end.
- Now insert the artificial flowers into your braid from the top to the end making it look flowery and pretty.
- To finish off with this bridal hairstyle you can pull out few strands of your hair on the front to add a sensual touch to your face. Your man would go weak in the knees the moment he sees you in this wedding look. 😉
9. Ringlet Bun with Side Partition
Do you want a bridal hairstyle that is inspired from nature? Then this ringlet bun would do the needful. It adds a romantic touch to your glamorous look and complements your bridal makeup and wedding attire brilliantly.
Wedding hairstyles for long hair do trend in India and this bridal hairstyle is definitely one of them. Strong and thick hair can be styled wonderfully under this hairstyle idea. Well, do you know that hair oils can go a long way in giving you strong and voluminous hair?
How To Style?
You need a hairbrush, heat protectant spray, hair elastic, texturizing spray, curling and straigtening iron as well, bobby pins and a strong hairspray to hold your bridal hairstyle.
- Gently brush your hair and ensure that your hair is completely de-tangled.
- Straighten all your hair. After you’re done, part your hair horizontally. And tie the rest of your hair into a ponytail.
- Now, take one inch sections of your ponytail and curl each one of them. Add some texturizing spray onto your curls to keep the texture of the curls intact.
- After that, one by one roll all the curls into ringlets and attach them to the base of the ponytail by the help of bobby pins.
- Part the front section of your hair now on one side. Take the right section and pin it above the ringlet bun. Repeat the same on the other side.
- Apply the strong hold hairspray to prevent the ringlets from drooping. Now, the classic indo-western bridal hairstyle is ready and you’re all set to make everyone look at you in awe. 😉
10. French Twist Bun
French braiding is an elegant way to style your hair. It is a quite popular hairstyle in India and preferred during weddings as this bridal hairstyle makes you look simply adorable. Adorn this wedding hairstyle and I’m sure you wouldn’t look any less than a celebrity on your D-day.
Taking care of your hair is very necessary and when you’re getting hitched, it becomes your top priority. Well, there are hair spa products which can not only beautify your hair but give it the exact amount of nourishment.
Well, this bridal hairstyle is for all you ladies out there with super amazing locks. It will accentuate your bridal makeup and outfit and at the same time you’ll have hassle free bridal hair. Use hair accessories or fresh flowers on your hair to glamorize this bridal hairstyle.
How To Style?
You would need texturizing spray, bobby pins, hair elastic, U pins, curling iron, fresh flowers, and a stronghold hairspray.
- Brush your hair well and spritz some heat protectant all over.
- Then start curling all your hair by taking small sections of your hair one by one. Add some texturizing spray to keep the curls intact.
- Part your hair in the middle and from the left portion, take a 2 inch section of your hair and start French twisting it. Once the French twist reaches the back of your head, you can pin it down there with the help of bobby pins.
- Keep repeating the above step on the right side of your hair as well.
- Now with the left out hair, make a low ponytail. Next, to complete this bridal hairstyle, you need to roll the ponytail into a low bun complementing the French twist.
- After you’re done, insert the fresh flowers onto your French twist and secure them with U pins.
- Apply the stronghold hairspray to finish it off. You’ll stand class apart on your D-day with this wedding hairstyle, I’m sure. 😉
With the complete set of the best bridal hairstyles in India, we hope you’ve not only enjoyed reading this but also got the perfect hairstyle for your special day. We’ll be glad to make your wedding the most happening day of your life.
Now that you’ve got it all figured out, go rock the bridal look, lady and make sure your special day is all about you. 🙂