The perfect bridal hairstyles to complete your bridal look
Every bride wants to look drop dead gorgeous on her wedding day from tip to toe and talking about tip, it all begins with the perfect bridal hairstyle. A truly wonderful hair style will enhance your look and make you look super appealing.
The perfect bridal hairstyle will highlight your features and balances your look. Even though you have hired the best professional makeup artist, your look would not be complete without an amazing hair style.
Now, for finding the perfect hairstyle you should know your face cut and also the features you would like to emphasize on and the ones you would like to balance out. You should know what you want before hiring any hairstylist. Use a ruler and measure your brows, jawline and cheekbones and determine your face shape.
Also, you can stand in front of a clear mirror and take a lipstick. Then, mark the boundary around your face on the mirror and observe your face cut.
Keeping in mind these things, then decide the hairstyle you want because this is how you manage to get the perfect bridal hairstyle. You can even consult your hairstylist about your face shape and the features of your face which need to be emphasized upon.
Hairstyles For Long Hair
Finding the right bridal hair style for long hair is a hectic task because you want to show-off your long tresses and also want them to be in place to avoid messed up appearance. For those with round face cut, square face cut and long or oval face cut, medium to long wedding hair styles are the best option.
The long tresses give an angular and shapely appearance to your face. If the width of your face is more then with the help of the right hairstyle for long hair, you get the right contour. The wavy tresses avoid noticing of any sharp features.
For long faces, side swept hairstyles, shorten the face effectively. Both long and short hairstyles are apt for round faces depending on your features.
- Headband Braids: For summer and day weddings, this hair style is perfect. It is a sweet and neat wedding hairstyle where your long hair remain tied up and in their place. Divide your hair in two sections. Make braids of each portion of your hair and then wrap both the braids around one another forming a hair band. Loosen up some of the tresses around your face and you are all- ready with your amazing bridal hairstyle.
You can even form a headband of a smaller section and leave your long tresses open for that voluminous and diva effect.
- Twisted Soft Chignon: This hairstyle for long hair is suitable for brides with very long hair and for whom the thought of managing untied hair is stressing. All you need to do is form twisted loose braids and twist them all into a side bun. Pull some hair around your face for the perfect frame. You can even tug your veil underneath the bun to show-off your hairdo.
- Waterfall Braids: This wedding hair style for long hair is one of the latest one. It is apt for brides with medium length hair. You can curl your hair the way you want, tight or loose. It also gives the look of half-up hair style. Take a section of your hair from near the ear. Now, form a braid of this ear to ear section and let hair fall from this braid. These hair should be curled just like the rest of hair.
- Fishtail Braid: If you have long hair but volume of your hair is your problem, then this bridal hairstyle is your answer. This wedding hairstyle enhances the volume of your hair and gives them a fuller look. Braid your hair into a side fishtail braid and then loosen up the braid for that voluminous look.
- You can even crown up the front portion of your hair to the level you like for that Cindrella appearance. Fluff and rough up the braid for a soften look by tugging the braided sections.
- Side Sweep bridal Hair Styles: If you are looking for wedding hair styles for functions other than the wedding day then this bridal hairstyle is on the list.
If you want to emphasize on your long hair and still want to balance the whole look to avoid sweating and excessive efforts to manage your hair style while showing off your dress from the back then you can side sweep your hair in various ways.
You can leave your long hair open in soft curls after sweeping them to a side. For this divide your hair into side parts. Take the parting deep.
You can also create a messy and wavy side braid, weaving accessory or flowers through the braid.
If you are fan of elegant and stylish buns, then you can side sweep your hair into any type of bun you like. This will make you look classy and glamorous.
- Twisted bridal Hairstyles: Thinking of adding a tiara to your bridal hairstyle but confused as to making it look too much. Play safe with twisted wedding hairstyles where you can make your own twisted tiara and look amazing.
Twist your hair from the front of your head to the back and pin up the twisted braids. You can leave the rest of your hair open for the half-up trending look or tie them in a chignon for the super red carpet look.
- Half-Up bridal Hairstyles: This bridal hairstyle is one of the most trending ones in this wedding season. You can have the benefits of a tied up look as well as show off your long hair in this hair style.
You can create graceful braids, cute bun, tousled twists or side ruffled look from this hair style as it can be styled in a numerous waves.
- Open bridal Hairstyles: For women with medium length hair, keeping your hair untied and flaunting your tresses is the perfect wedding hairstyle. You can experiment in many ways with this hairstyle for long hair giving you’re a casual, cool and chic appearance.
Giving a tousled wavy touch along with soft curls and blow dried curls will bring out the bombshell in you. You can also turn your hairdo into a sleek affair by parting your hair and straightening them.
Glamorous Hollywood curls are also an option for those who have longer hair. For this you need to wrap your hair around an inch iron, covering your entire head. After you have curled all your hair, let them down and brush them with bristle brush.
Accessorize your hair with flowers or tiara or other accessories available in the market to highlight your hair style.
- Traditional Braids: A typical traditional braid will give you the ultimate look of an Indian bride. This traditional bridal hairstyle complements all sorts of outfits especially those designed for your special day. Intertwining a gajra or other traditional accessories like poola jada along your braid will enhance your traditional wedding look. This look will be loved by your friends, relatives, parents and your in-laws too, after all what can be better than looking Indian from tip to toe in your ’Indian’ wedding.
- This bridal hairstyle for long hair is the best option for minimally styled look with maximum enhanced bridal appearance.
- Braided Buns: This bridal hairstyle gives you a neat and intricate appearance. For this look start with double braids in front of your head taking a central parting and end with a bun at the back.
- If volume of your hair is a problem then you can use a fake bun instead.
To get that Goddess look, you can use a heavy gajra to adorn your bun.
Bridal Short Hairstyles:
Women who prefer having short haircuts, find it a problem to find the apt wedding hairstyle for short hair. For women with round and heart face cuts, short hairstyles are a good option.
It makes you look more stylish and highlights your features which otherwise would have hidden under your long tresses. Also it helps in giving your face a more angular appearance. Hairstyles for short hair are also maintenance free. Hence, it lets you enjoy the occasion with no worries about your hair going fussy. To rock this short bridal hairstyle look, checkout these latest wedding hair styles for short hair:
- Crown Braids: This short hairstyle is perfect for your special day as it gives you a traditional look along with keeping your hairdo classy and maintenance free. For this, you need to make Dutch braids by taking a section of your hair from either sides of the ear and also taking hair from near your eyebrows and forehead. Wrap the two braids that you have made and pin them up. Do not leave any loose ends. Use a volumizing spray to add volume to your hair.
- Sleek Bun: For a very sleek and elegant short hairstyle, this is the best choice. With all the advantages of a long hairstyle, it uses your short hair length to the fullest. Tuck your hair after straightening them in a low knot. Then roll them a little at your nape. This look will give you a charming feminine and classic appearance. Use some accessories for a fancier bridal hairstyle.
- Rolled-Up Hairdo: One of the most glamorous hair style for short hair is this one. All you have to do is roll your hair from one side and twist them up forming a side tease slightly raised. Before twisting your hair, enhance their volume to give them a fuller look. The delicate twists will make you look all divine.
- Messy Hairdo: If you are a style-conscious bride, then this is the bridal hairstyle for your short hair. Boost the volume of your hair using some mousse while your hair are damp. Then style them using a curling iron. Make messy and slightly wavy curls and wrap them up in a side chignon.
- Leave some of the tresses loosened up for that messy look. This look is a perfect combination of elegance, class and gorgeousness.
- Side Swept Short Hairstyle: For women with short, curly and wavy hair, this is the bridal hairstyle to go for. Just take a deep parting and sweep your hair to a side.
- Leave your hair loose and wavy. This wedding hairstyle for short hair is cool and stylish.
- Pretty Bob: For those brides who want to keep the focus on their accessories and attire keeping their hairdo understated, this is the bridal hairstyle you are looking for. Flaunt your short hair in a stylish bob giving you a sweet and simple angelic look.
- Criss-Cross Bun: For an intricate bridal hairstyle for short hair, make braids in a cross-cross style. The braids should be weaved in a basket style. You should consider appointing a professional hair stylist for this intricate short hairstyle to get the perfect look. This will give you the red carpet look you desire for.
- Fancy Big Curls: You want to make your hair look full of volume and add a little bit length to your short hair by styling them in a certain way, then this is the way you should choose. Turn your hair into big and loose curls to pump up the volume of your hair. Add some accessories to make the short hair style more bridal.
- Faux Hairdo: If you want a bridal hairstyle for which your hair are not long enough then you can go for a faux hairdo. To suit the hairstyle of your choice many faux updo are available in the market depending on whether you need a bun, braid or just long tresses to let them down.
- Go for a hairdo that merges well with your natural hair texture and length that makes it difficult to point out whether you have used a faux updo or is it just your natural hair.
- Teased Chignon: Brides with heavy but short hair should go for this bridal hairstyle. Just back comb your hair with a large teeth comb for the edgy and glamorous look. Before styling your hair, apply mousse and blow dry them. With the remaining hair, make an elegant chignon, little bit raised up for a slightly crowned up appearance.
Depending on your hairstyle, always go for some accessories or flowers in case of simple hairstyles to give them a bridal touch. If your hairstyles are intricate and very stylish then there is no need for accessories as it will just add on to the style factor and make it too much, thus losing the essence of it.
Take an idea from these bridal hairstyles for long and short hair to turn your hair into a traditional yet trendy hairdo.
Hope this article helps in making you the most beautiful bride with the perfect wedding hairstyle!