Top Notch Hairstyles For Short Hair To Enliven Your Chic Look
A girl with short hair screams power. Cutting your hair short feels liberating. And the hairstyles for short hair? They’re exemplary.
There’s nothing more fun and chic than the hairstyles for short hair. They give you nothing less than a regal appearance which display confidence, boldness and grandeur.
When short hair fills you with so much of happiness, don’t you think it requires pampering too? The best way to take care of your tiny locks is a peaceful hair spa at the comfort of your home.
So, now are you ready for a fun ride through the twists and turns of the hairstyles for short hair in India? Get ready to embrace the goodness they’ll bring into your lives.
Here are the top hairstyles for short hair in India to bring out the best in you :
1. Diffused Curls with Colourful Headbands
Do you have naturally curly and short hair? If yes, you’ll find this as one of the simplest hairstyles for short hair in India. It will bring out the boho-chic in you and take your hairstyle into a completely different level.
Short hairstyles as this one would pump up your aura if you complement it with kajal lined eyes.
How To Proceed?
In order to bring out the best from this hair style you’d need a blow dryer along with a diffuser, a paddle brush, volumizing mousse and funky cloth headband.
- To start with, apply volumizing mousse on your wet hair. Make sure you’ve washed your hair before prepping up for this hairstyle.
- Use the paddle brush to make your curls free of tangles.
- Next, flip your head forward and let your hair hang in front of you. Attach the diffuser to your blow dryer and start blow drying your hair. This would help you in perfecting the easiest hairdo from among the hairstyles for short hair.
- To complete the look, wrap the funky cloth headband around your head and let your diffused curls steal the show.
2. Dutch Braid
Wait! Are you thinking how Dutch Braids have made it into the list of hairstyles for short hair? Don’t be surprised. You can pull off this magical braid on your short hair as well. It looks classy and gives a neat look to your face. You can try this hairstyle for any kind of occasion in India.
Generally, for Dutch braids, your hair needs to voluminous and strong. That is how you can amplify your look. You can try herbal hair spa to increase the thickness of your hair.
How To Proceed?
Dutch Braids look like one of the complicated hairstyles for short hair but all you need is the correct way of hair styling and practice. For this hairstyle, you need a wide-toothed comb, a curling iron, hair elastics, light hold hairspray, heat protectant, bobby pins and a strong hold hairspray too.
- Make sure your hair is all clean before you start styling. Comb your hair well and ensure that there are no knots.
- Spritz some heat protectant. Take 1 inch sections of your short hair and start curling. Make sure you curl them in a way that’ll give you pretty long curls. Dutch Braiding looks best when you have a little wavy hair. You can skip this step if you have naturally wavy hair.
- Next, part your hair in the middle. Start Dutch braiding on one side of your hair along the hairline. This kind of braiding is different from French braiding. Under French braiding you take the new section of hair over the other sections unlike in Dutch braiding where the new sections goes under the other sections. Once you’re done, tie the end with the hair elastic.
- Repeat the process on the other side of the parting. If you want to create the illusion of volume, gently pull the braids. If you’ve any left over hair that didn’t make it into the braid, tie them off with a hair elastic.
- After that take both the braids, cross them over the little ponytail with left over hair. Secure with bobby pins. Tuck the remainders of the braids inside it as well. If needed, you can use the strong hold hairspray to keep the hairstyle in place.
- And now, the gorgeous looking braid from among the hairstyles for short hair in India is all set to turn heads.
3. Well Defined Waves
Have you ever seen the yesteryear divas? They impeccably flaunted the hairstyles for short hair. And beachy waves or well defined waves, whatsoever you call it, is one among them. It defines your facial features and gives a retro look that would make you the centre of everyone’s attention.
Imagine walking tall with a spotless face and an extremely beautiful short hairstyle! Now time to make the imagination come true for you.
How To Proceed?
To embrace your waves and let this idea from among the hairstyles for short hair in India bring the diva out of you, you’d need a wide-toothed comb, a curling iron, heat protectant, a light hold hairspray and hair accessories, if you want to.
- Begin by prepping up your washed and dried off hair. Comb well and de-tangle your hair before you start styling. Apply the heat protectant all over your hair.
- Next, take the curling iron and start curling small sections of your hair. You can get small or large curls according to your need.
- Spritz some light hold hairspray to let the curls stay intact. Pin the hair accessories that you’d chosen and then you’re good to go. I’m sure you’d love this idea from the kit of hairstyles for short hair.
4. Half Bun
This is one of the funkiest and kinkiest hairstyles for short hair. It makes you look younger and adds an unconventional touch to your look. If you have thin and shoulder length hair and looking for hairstyles for short hair that are modern and create the illusion of volume as well, this one’s perfect for you.
In order to make the half bun work, you need to make sure your scalp is free from flakes. In case you have dandruff woes, you can fight them out with some super easy remedies.
How To Proceed?
You need a curling iron, a hairbrush, a texturizing spray, bobby pins, hair elastic and a light hold hairspray.
- Start by brushing your hair with the hairbrush and make sure it’s completely de-tangled.
- After that, apply some texturizing spray all over your hair and scrunch it. That way, your hair will get lots of texture.
- Next, take the top half of your hair and tie it into a ponytail with the hair elastic.
- Now, take the ponytail and wrap it around the hair elastic to make a bun. The bun doesn’t need to be neat. A messy half bun looks way cooler. Secure the bun with the help of bobby pins.
- Take the curling iron and curl the bottom sections of your hair a bit. Waviness ensures a good volume.
- Spritz some light hold hairspray to let this hack from among the hairstyles for short hair remain in place. Half bun’s going to get you a lot of cheer, girl.
5. Braided Bangs
Do you have jaw length locks and few bangs that continuously fall on your face? Then braided hairstyles for short hair will do the trick for you. Weave the bangs into lovely braids and turn yourself into a style icon.
A perfectly winged eyeliner will complement your braided bangs look perfectly. You’ll create a fashion statement out of nowhere.
How To Proceed?
To get the best out of the braided hairstyles for short hair, you need a fine-toothed comb, small bobby pins, a volumizing spray and a light hold hairspray. This looks amazing on straight hair. In case you have wavy or curly hair, use the straightening iron to even out all your hair.
- Start by combing your washed hair. Side part your hair and apply some volumizing spray. This will give your hair a fuller structure.
- Now, on one side, start braiding by taking few sections of your hair. Braid the bangs only and tuck the ends at the back of your head. You can weave more than one braids to create a magical look.
- Apply the light hold hairspray and you’re done. This braided bangs idea from the hairstyles for short hair in India will make you look nothing less than a rock chic.
6. Sweet and Classy Short Straight Hair
If you’re someone with short and straight hair, then trust me, you have a blessing in disguise. Straight hair is always in fashion in India and in addition if they’re short, you can make people go gaga over your look. Furthermore, you don’t need to look for hairstyles for short hair as your locks are naturally styled.
A completely cleansed, oil free face with the trendsetting hairstyles for short hair will bring out the sassy woman in you.
How To Proceed?
Since you have naturally styled hair, this becomes one of the most hassle free hairstyles for short hair. You just need a straightening iron, heat protectant, a hairbrush and a hair-setting hairspray.
- Brush your clean and washed hair properly. This creates a sleek look.
- Spray the heat protectant all over your hair and start straightening it to even out the irregularities in your hair texture.
- After you’re done, spritz some hair-setting hairspray onto your hair. Now, one of the most dapper hairstyles for short hair is ready for you. Get ready to rock that polished and elegant look.
7. Braids and Twists
This is one of the oh-so-easy hairstyles for short hair in India. It can be messy or neat, according to your need. It makes you look adorable and quite appealing. This is entirely one of the most hassle free hairstyles for short hair that you can achieve within minutes.
Want something to make you look even prettier? Oh well, eyes wearing an eyeliner will do a wonderful job here.
How To Proceed?
You’ll need a wide-toothed comb, hair elastic and bobby pins only. Easy and no hotch-potch? Fell in love with this idea from among the hairstyles for short hair already?
- Start by combing your hair well. Part your hair in the middle.
- Start braiding on one side of the partition along your hair line and secure the end with a hair elastic. Do the same on the other side.
- Once you’re done, twist the ends of the braids and pin them with the help of bobby pins at the back. To have a neat appearance, make sure all your stray hair are also tucked in. In case, you want a messy braid and twist hairstyle, pull out some hair from your braids lightly.
- You’re done, beautiful. You’re all set to make people look at you in awe.
8. Short Hair Chignon
Chignon is one of the hairstyles in India for long and medium hair. But it doesn’t mean you cannot use it for your short hair. Be it any occasion, you can pull off a chignon bun. Hence, it has made its way into the list of hairstyles for short hair as well.
Indian Brides with the perfect bridal makeup, shimmering wedding attire, rocking a chignon look charming as ever.
How To Proceed?
For the chignon bun as one of the hairstyles for short hair, you need a texturizing spray, a hair brush, a fancy headband, a curling iron, bobby pins and a light hold hairspray.
- To start with, comb your hair neatly and make a side partition. Apply some texturizing spray all over your hair.
- Gently curl the ends of your hair. Curling ensures a fuller look in the case of the hairstyles for short hair.
- Now, back comb your hair. Make sure you tease both the back and sides of your hair. This will add more volume.
- After you’re done, brush your hair gently to smoothe out your hair and remove any bumps or knots.
- Now, place the fancy headband on your head like a crown with your hair underneath. Secure with bobby pins.
- Start from the front pieces of your hair. Twist them and tuck them into your headband. Keep repeating the process until you reach half way.
- After that, start twisting from the other side. Once you’re done, check if you have any stray hair left out. If any, tuck them into your headband as well.
- Now spritz some light hold hairspray to keep the chignon from drooping. And one of the super simple hairstyles for short hair is finally ready. You’ll look simply endearing, I’m sure. Try it out.
9. Twisted Hairdo
Are you looking for hairstyles for short hair that you can achieve in no time? Then you’re going to adore this one the most. With simple twists and tucking in, it makes you look really cute and pretty.
Make sure you have a perfectly cleansed and toned skin along with this short hairstyle to get you all the attention.
How To Proceed?
As this is one of the simplest hairstyles for short hair, all you need is a hairbrush, bobby pins and a blow dryer.
- Brush your washed hair properly. And blow dry it completely. This will ensure a messy look.
- The hair at your crown, tease them a bit with your brush to create a fuller look.
- Now, randomly select few sections of your hair from the front. Twist them and pin them at the back with bobby pins.
- Now this tends to be one of the messy hairstyles for short hair in India. So, that is all you need to do to get the hairstyle right. You’re all cutesy and bubbly with this hairstyle now.
10. Simple Low Bun
Buns as hairstyles are always in fashion and there are so many ways you can perfect them. Now a simple low bun is one of the simplest yet oh-so-sophisticated hairstyles for short hair that you can achieve with minimal effort.
They look super amazing as bridal hairstyles too. They can help you look like the most beautiful Indian bride that has ever walked on Earth.
How To Proceed?
You only need hairbrush, hair elastics, bobby pins and a light hold hairspray to get the best out of a low bun.
- Brush your hair well and apply some hairspray to tame the frizz away.
- Tie a low ponytail with the help of a hair elastic. Pull it tighter to keep it intact.
- Now, divide the ponytail into two sections and start twisting them until you reach the base of the ponytail. Secure it with a hair elastic again. If you want to make your bun look bigger, rub the twisted ponytail with your hands.
- After that, wrap the twist at the base of your ponytail so as to form a bun. Use bobby pins to keep the bun at place.
- Spritz some light hold hairspray and you’re good to go, milady. Wondering how easy this is? Well, the hairstyles for short hair are totally easy-peasy.
So, I hope you’re ready with the perfect piece of idea to style your short hair. After all, shorter your hair, classier the hairstyle, the harder people stare. 😉
Love your cropped locks and enchant people with the hairstyles for short hair. And yes, always remember, life is better when you have good hair. 🙂