It is true that there is no guaranteed acne rosacea treatment till now but there are lots of treatments available which can help reducing the signs and the symptoms of acne rosacea.
Thus, even before you start with any kind of treatment for rosacea, I would suggest you to understand the condition of rosacea.
Actually people get confused with other names of acne rosacea which are nothing else but the synonyms of rosacea, which are Rhinophyma, Rosacea, Acne Erythematosa, Hypertrophic Rosacea and also known as Adult Rosacea.
In general, Acne Rosacea is a condition where a person suffers from skin disorder specific to the skin around ones cheeks, chins, forehead and the lower portion of nose. Skin of the face becomes red and oily. It may start during the teenage or even after it.
Various Acne rosacea treatments are available but as you know that prevention is always better than cure. Hence I would like to take the under mentioned preventive measures before any acne rosacea treatment.
Natural acne rosacea treatment
Most of us want to avoid the use of medicines and various drugs and are interested in treating a condition or a disease naturally. Similarly if you are interested in natural acne rosacea treatment then, there are various options and suggestions available for you but don’t follow them blindly and always take some caution.
- Green Tea- a treatment for acne rosacea: As you know that green tea is a natural product which has anti-inflammatory properties and hence help in decreasing the inflammation and redness on the face when applied in condition of acne rosacea as a natural treatment. You should drink as well as apply green tea on affected skin.
- Dilute white vinegar: Take normal vinegar and dilute it with water in the ration of 1:6 i.e. One part vinegar with six parts of water. It’s a good acne rosacea treatment but many people have a little sensitive skin where vinegar may not be suitable. So, initial try in some small area and then only use it as treatment. We all know that vinegar is a natural disinfectant and hence may prove to be an effective natural treatment for acne rosacea.
- Olive leave Extract is also considered to be a good acne rosacea treatment due to its high detoxifying and cleansing properties. It is and internal natural treatment for acne rosacea. you need to consume it daily for six months as per the dose. It is available in market in packed bottles. But, don’t buy the cheaper ones with low quality.
- Green foods like Wheatgrass, spirulina and chlorella are also very helpful in the condition of acne and prove to be a good acne rosacea treatment as they contain high amount of chlorophyll which is anti-inflammatory and also contains high amount of antioxidants, they can be used both internally and externally.
- Other natural Remedies or acne rosacea treatments which people have found useful includes the use of Apple Cider Vinegar(external rosacea treatment), probiotic supplement, cod-liver oil, oatmeal (external acne treatment), rosehip seed oil and lavender (external treatment)
Acne rosacea treatment by topical medications
Acne rosacea can be controlled up to much extent by using topical treatments. Various medicines are available in market in either form of some gel or creams. Metronidazole is a very common example which is used as topical acne rosacea treatment to control its symptoms. Erythromycin, sulfacetamide or clindamycin can also be an alternative.
Oral antibiotics for acne rosacea treatment
Most of the oral antibiotics which are prescribed to the patient suffering from acne rosacea are given to minimize the inflammation and visible pimples due to this condition especially who are under moderate effect of rosacea.
Doctors often prescribe doxycycline, amoxicillin, tetracycline like drugs. We always suggest you to consult your physician before taking any oral acne rosacea treatment as they may have few side effects depending on the severity of acne rosacea or the type of drug used for its treatment.
Use of Cleansers as acne rosacea treatment
The very first thing you should remember is to avoid the rubbing of skin in any case of acne rosacea. It is suggested not to use rough soaps and even face washes which prove harsh on skin. But at the same time there are few ultra-soft cleansers in form of gels are available as OTC products. You can also opt for sulpha-based or benzoyl peroxide face washes to decrease the effect of acne rosacea symptoms.
Acne rosacea treatment through laser and electro therapy
Laser treatment available for acne rosacea is known as Laser and intense pulsed light therapy which is specifically used by many people in the treatment of remarkable blood vessels in rosacea. Electrotherapy is also another alternative method of treatment available for acne rosacea treatment.
All treatments like this helps improving skin complexion and reduce the redness. Laser therapy may prove a little painful for the patient and is recommended in 20 to 40 days of time. Laser therapy is added along with the photodynamic therapy for better results in acne rosacea.
Other miscellaneous acne rosacea treatments
Other than these, there are various ways for the treatment of acne rosacea, like: Glycolic peels, Avoiding sun exposer or using a good quality sunscreen lotion, Use of Isotretinon for four to six months against resisted rosacea, drugs like Tretinoin, Tazarotene as prescribed by many doctors but the best way is to keep yourself physically fit and fine always. Eat healthy and live healthy.
As I have previously stated that there is no fix treatment for acne rosacea but you can opt for the one or the combination of one or more methods depending upon the severity of the disease and treatments available in your reach.
People often use external medication which directly put its effect on the skin along with the oral treatment for additional effect on rosacea. Now, whatever procedure you follow or adopt, don’t forget to take able guidance from your family doctor or for that matter any dermatologist.
I thank you to give your valuable time to read this piece of priceless information about acne rosacea treatment and wish you a good luck and healthy life ahead.