Although it’s sad news that no such acne rosacea treatment is available till now, which can fully eradicate rosacea? But there are various effective treatments are available around the globe where, laser treatment for rosacea has also secured its place.
Laser is being used to treat a large number of diseases nowadays and rosacea is now one of them.Rosacea is considered to be one of the worse and untreatable skin conditions.
As the affected area is all around the face, and we all know that being a typical human nature we care for our looks and appearance so much.
How effective is the laser treatment for rosacea
Laser treatment for rosacea is highly effective. It helps reducing the remarkable visible redness due to open blood vessels by closing them through heating effect of laser. Very small lasers are used to conduct this treatment for rosacea. In recent year various types of technologies have come up in this field like Pulsed dye lasers, called PDL and Intense Pulsed light, known as IPL.
Few more advancements are being carried out to provide a victim with almost painless laser treatment for rosacea. Laser therapy is highly effective against those signs and symptoms of rosacea which are commonly, hard to deal with. Visible veins irritate the person suffering from rosacea most other than the inflammation.
And laser treatment is the key solution for that. Nowadays, laser treatment has become the first choice in the case of rhinophyma, in which patients nose becomes larger in size and telangiectasia, where blood vessels are visible. Modern laser therapies are less painful than the previous ones.
How laser treatment for rosacea is done: basic procedure for understanding laser therapy for rosacea
- The red blood vessels visible outside are exposed to very small laser light with variable wavelengths. Depending upon the depth of the visible veins wavelength is adjusted accordingly.
- One procedure of laser treatment for rosacea takes a time of around 25 to 30 min and need to be repeated after 3 to 6 weeks. Once the treatment is completed, it lasts for longer duration of time.
If proper rosacea diet is taken along with other topical treatments suggested by your dermatologist and you keep better health and hygiene then the laser treatment benefits may last up to 3 to 4 years or even more.
- At present, 3 types of therapies are widely in use; which are namely, Pulsed dye laser (PDL), Intense Pulsed light (IPL) and CO2 laser treatment which is not only used as the laser treatment for rosacea but is also used to clear acne scars and wrinkles from the skin on the face.
- Once the laser treatment for rosacea is over, you may need to apply ice pack as suggested by the specialist to reduce the burning sensation which you might have felt during the laser treatment. Some people may face a little swelling, which may continue till few days and then will settle down automatically.
Laser treatment for rosacea vs other acne rosacea treatments
If you compare laser treatment with other options available in the market for rosacea, you will find that laser treatment leaves other behind in many ways. Although it is quite costly, but as you know every treatment has some pros and cons so does the laser in rosacea.
Now, it is entirely your choice to choose from the various acne rosacea treatments. But, before you go anywhere else, let’s know the positive and negative sides of laser treatment in rosacea.
Why should you choose Laser treatment for rosacea?
- It is highly effective.
- Long term relief from signs and symptoms of rosacea.
- Highly recommended to remove severe redness and rhinophyma.
- It is less time consuming in context to its long term benefits.
- Risk of side effects is very low.
- It is done more elegantly.
Think before you opt for Laser treatment for rosacea- just for your info
- It is costly in comparison to other rosacea treatments available in the market.
- You need to visit your laser surgeon repeatedly for few times till your treatment is over.
- It is not so painless.
- Laser is also not a permanent cure to your rosacea; don’t forget that it is also an option as a treatment of rosacea.
- If laser is not used properly then it may result in severe repercussions like blisters, scars and burns.
How much does laser treatment for rosacea costs on your pocket?
Other than paying consultant fee, you will be charged with the fee as per the duration of your rosacea treatment session and the intensity of the treatment given to you. The cost varies from city to city and country to country.
But generally, if we talk about the expenses then it costs you around $250 to $330 normally and approximately $500 per intensive session of your laser surgery for rosasea. Laser treatment for rhinophyma is little more costly as its one time procedural treatment for it. Laser treatment costs you around $1600 to $2000 in condition like rhinophyma.
Is laser treatment for rosacea a permanent solution to your rosacea?
No, it is not a permanent solution. This fact is hard to digest for you but it is true that till now there is no cure for rosacea is available, only it can be treated by various means. But yes, you should not lose hope. The pace with which the technologies in this field are being introduced is very high.
Nobody knows that any day it may so happen that someone would turn up with some miraculous treatment for rosacea. So, don’t lose hope and treat it in a best possible manner. At the end it doesn’t matter that what did you used for the treatment but what matters is that, whether you got neat, clean and glowing skin again without redness and with no signs and symptoms of rosacea around your face.
Thanks for spending your valuable time to read this information about the laser treatment for rosacea. I hope it would help you in some way or the other. I wish you a healthy and happy life ahead.
Veer is not only a blogger, he is a software engineer, a good poet, well known cook, a dietitian, a sportsman, a good swimmer, a forex trader, a reader and a good friend. He appreciate music like anything and loves to travel around the world. His next destination is Mauritius where he wants to go for his honeymoon with his loving better half.
For being in touch with Virendra Singh alias 'Veer' you may follow him on facebook.
"Wish you good health and happy future."
With warm regards.
Latest posts by Virendra Singh (see all)
- Zika Virus Outbreak – Symptoms – Prevention – Diagnosis & Treatment - 14/08/2016
- Rosacea Diet – What You Must Eat & Avoid to Recover - 06/08/2016
- Laser Treatment for Rosacea - 06/08/2016