If you are suffering from acne rosacea then, just taking only medicinal help may not prove enough effective until and unless you take a proper diet in Rosacea, which you can also call as special rosacea diet.
Now what is so special about acne rosacea diet? Well, let me tell you that there are various foods as a part of your diet which can trigger acne rosacea and flare it further hence you need to avoid such foods.
On the other hand there are so many things which should form a part of your rosacea diet to provide you desired results and can minimize the symptoms and signs of acne rosacea.
Rosacea diet: your digestive system and rosacea
Many studies have shown a very close relation between rosacea and our digestive system as our gut starts from our mouth and ends at anus which in between includes various digestive organs and glands in between, responsible for the secretion of various chemical components and hormones inside the body.
Skin is also a tissue which is the resultant of what we eat. So you can say that your diet is very much linked to your acne rosacea too. It means you should be able to differentiate among bad diet during rosacea and good rosacea diet. Now I would tell you, how this diet factor put this much of effect on you rosacea.
As we all know that 70% of human body is just made up of single compound called water. Water has got pH-7, and pH-7 is considered to be neutral. And all we have studied in our schools that above 7 are bases (alkaline) and below 7 the acidity increases with decrease in the value of pH.
But human body has a pH value of 7.35 to 7.42, which means our body is slightly alkaline in nature. And hence we need to take such a diet in either rosacea or even in normal condition which is naturally alkaline in nature.
Now I will let you know what all things should form a part of your rosacea diet and what should be avoided. But before that you better take a test of your body pH.
Rosacea diet: Test your body pH before you eat anything
As we all know that 70% of human body is just made up of single compound called water. Water has got pH-7, and pH-7 is considered to be neutral. And all we have studied in our schools that above 7 are bases (alkaline) and below 7 the acidity increases with decrease in the value of pH. But human body has a pH value of 7.35 to 7.42, which means our body is slightly alkaline in nature.
And hence we need to take such a diet in either rosacea or even in normal condition which is naturally alkaline in nature. Now I will let you know what all things should form a part of your rosacea diet and what should be avoided. But before that you better take a test of your body pH.
There are two methods of testing your body pH, you can adopt either of them or both, you may find a very little difference but both of them give the same result.
- Before taking any diet in the morning, after you get up just keep a small piece of litmus paper on your tongue, and let it get wet with your saliva. The colour of the litmus paper will tell you the score.
- Another method is to get the litmus paper wet in the first stream of your morning urine. You will come to know the pH of your body. Obviously, you should be aware about the color codes of the litmus paper.
Alkaline foods forms best rosacea diet
Now, you have already understood the reason to move towards an alkaline diet in rosacea. It is high time for you to know about the good and bad foods for you or your rosacea diet. And what all things are alkaline in nature which you can have for better results.
Rosacea diet- What exactly should you eat?
- Eat fresh fruits, green or leafy vegetables, especially the seasonal ones. Green leafy vegetables are rich in chlorophyll which is an anti-inflammatory s Increase the consumption of fibre content like sprouts and millet in your diet during rosacea. Few drops of raw cider vinegar can be added to the food.
- Enjoy the citrus fruits like lemon, guava, and orange as much as you can. They contains citric acid but increases the alkalinity of the body when consumed in your diet.
- In rosacea, you must replace your coffee or tea with green tea, bad fats with good fats like olive oil.
- You can’t totally avoid the acidic diet because of maintaining the natural balance in your diet. But in rosacea or even in normal conditions you should keep the balance of alkaline to acidic diet in the ratio of 80:20. It means that, your rosacea diet should be 80% alkaline in nature and acidic stuffs should not exceed beyond 20%.
- Eat less processed food. In rosacea, one should switch to boiled vegetables in place of fried ones.
- You can think of adding various digestive enzymes to boost the functioning of your digestive system and enhance the overall effect of your rosacea diet.
Rosacea diet- What should you avoid or exclude from your diet?
- There are many things to be excluded from your special rosacea diet but the main food stuffs include oily and junk food, fast foods, fried stuffs, saturated fats, all dairy products. Only, excluding dairy products for few months may bring a high change in the condition of rosacea. You yourself will feel the difference.
- As such, coffee intake should be cut to almost zero and stop smoking if you do so. Hot beverages, spicy food and alcohol should be thrown out of your rosacea diet chart.
Rosacea diet- final verdict
If you or any of your loved one is suffering from rosacea then along with improvement in his/her diet, drink plenty of water. You should not drink less than 2-3 litres of water per day.
Water not only forms the important part of your tissue but also helps in cleaning process of body. Drinking plenty of water brings a naturally glowing and disease free skin.
Although, many physicians or dermatologists prescribe various antibiotics, to be used externally or internally or the combination to treat rosacea or many a times people themselves use OTC products available in the market to minimize the effect of rosacea.
But, sometimes overdose or over intake of antibiotics for longer duration of time can create an imbalance in your body and may lead to worsen the condition of rosacea indirectly.
Thus the final verdict is to take special rosacea diet as mentioned above and avoid over intake of antibiotics. You can think of other alternatives too as there are various other treatments available to minimize the effect of rosacea, like laser therapy and electrotherapy.
Although they are little costly and have their pros and cons but provide relief for a considerably longer duration of time in rosacea. And yes, there is nothing fixed as fixed rosacea diet, it is just a concept to add such food products to your diet which can help you reducing the rosacea signs and symptoms and avoiding harmful food stuffs in rosacea.
Veer is not only a blogger, he is a software engineer, a good poet, well known cook, a dietitian, a sportsman, a good swimmer, a forex trader, a reader and a good friend. He appreciate music like anything and loves to travel around the world. His next destination is Mauritius where he wants to go for his honeymoon with his loving better half.
For being in touch with Virendra Singh alias 'Veer' you may follow him on facebook.
"Wish you good health and happy future."
With warm regards.
Latest posts by Virendra Singh (see all)
- Zika Virus Outbreak – Symptoms – Prevention – Diagnosis & Treatment - 14/08/2016
- Rosacea Diet – What You Must Eat & Avoid to Recover - 06/08/2016
- Laser Treatment for Rosacea - 06/08/2016