Before you try to figure out all the rosacea symptoms, you first need to understand the various types of rosacea. Depending upon the type, symptoms vary. Let me tell you that there are mainly four types of rosacea which exists.
But many a times it may so happen that a person is suffering from one or more of its type. If you any type of rosacea symptoms on your face or around the face then this information would be very helpful for you to figure out its type and then you can further study about the one which you are suffering from.
Rosacea symptoms depending on its types
Before you read its types, let me tell you that the tendency of getting rosacea in women is little higher than that of men but the symptoms in men are more critical and serious.
There are total four types of rosacea, namely:
- Erythema or vascular rosacea
- Papulopustular or inflammatory rosacea
- Ocular rosacea
- Phymatuous rosacea or rhinophyma
Vascular rosacea symptoms
Vascular rosacea can be easily identified with reddish face, especially the cheeks and nose but may include forehead and chin too. Vascular rosacea is also known as facial redness and is most aA
- Sensation in skin, burning effect and stinging.
- Roughness in face skin
- Swelling on face/facial skin
- Visible veins
Inflammatory Rosacea symptoms
This is the next common type of rosacea, in which people are worried about the breakouts on the facial skin. There is an outbreak of pimples which normally look like acne, but may be litter bigger in size. That’s why this is also known as acne rosacea or inflammatory rosacea.
They main rosacea symptoms of in acne type condition are:
- Patches of raised and reddish area on cheeks, nose, forehead and chin.
- Visible veins at few places, especially on cheeks and mid of nose.
- Skin looks oily.
- Dry and sensitive skin.
Ocular Rosacea symptoms
Symptoms of ocular rosacea are little different from the previous two. The main thing about ocular rosacea is that it affects the eyes. Symptoms in this condition are really serious. There are also chances that the ocular rosacea symptoms occur in addition to the presence of other of its type. Its main symptoms are:
- Red eyes: The redness of the eyes is clearly visible.
- Blur vision: Blurred vision is experienced by many.
- Irritation in eyes: The most common ocular rosacea symptom.
- Burning sensation in eyes: It is really painful and feels as if chilli powder has entered into the eyes.
- Feel of presence of gritty or some foreign particle in eyes: It always gives the feel as if some dust particle has entered into your eyes and it continuously bothers you and is painful.
- Frequent repetition of all above symptoms: Most of the above mentioned rosacea symptoms keeps on repeating themselves at various intervals depending upon the severity of the condition.
Phymatous rosacea symptoms- Thickening of skin
Before going through the symptoms of phymatous type of condition, I would like to tell you that this type of rosacea occurs rarely. The cause of this type is the pre-occurrence of other type first and then ignoring its symptoms and leaving it untreated.
It leads to give rise to the thickening of skin of face, especially around the nose. People often call it enlarged nose rosacea.
The most commonly known phymatous rosacea symptoms are:
- Thickening of skin of nose: The skin of the nose is critically affected.
- Enlarged nose due to skin thickening(rhinophyma): The size of the nose increases drastically in few cases due to the thickening of skin.
- Large open pores on skin: These pores are remarkable.
- Visible oily skin: The secretion of oil from the glands increases.
- Thumps on the cheeks may also be present but in very rare cases.
Although, the rosacea is more common in women than men, but then also the symptoms of phymatous rosacea or rhinophyma are more commonly seen in men
Rosacea Symptoms and diagnosis
Many a times rosacea can be mistaken for acne, sunburn or even rosy cheeks. But it is entirely a different and an embarrassing condition.
The symptoms are the key for the diagnosis of rosacea. By various symptoms as mentioned above you can differentiate among the existing types of rosacea.
Rosacea symptoms are very typical and their appearance on face is clear and can be easily identify. But sometimes if may have some mixed type of symptoms which can create a confusion to identify the type of rosacea.
As far as diagnosis of rosacea is concerned, there exist no investigations to confirm other than rosacea symptoms. But, many a times doctors may conduct few blood tests to neglect the presence of any other problems which may result in various skin related diseases or conditions.
Rosacea symptoms treatment
People are little confused between the treatment of rosacea and the treatment of rosacea symptoms. Actually when you look for a solution towards the eradication of rosacea symptoms, it ultimately ends up with the treatment of rosacea. So, it should be very clear in the mind of the subject that the treatment of rosacea is the treatment of its symptoms but may not be true vice-versa.
It simply means that you need to find the treatment of the root cause of your rosacea. Hence, firstly you need to identify the type of rosacea, depending upon its symptoms and then you should start its treatment under the guidance of a doctor or as per the prescription of the specialist.
Many a times you may make the mistake to judge the type of rosacea, when the symptoms are of mixed type. In such cases, you are requested not to take any medication or treatment without consulting your doctor otherwise condition may get worse instead of improving.
There are various types of treatments available for rosacea. Natural and herbal treatments are also effective in many cases. There are many topical ointments and formulas available in the market which has shown a lot of improvement in the condition after their application.
If the rosacea symptoms in your case are clearly identified and the type of rosacea is known, then you can also buy the topical creams and formulas available online.
We wish you all the best to treat your rosacea and find a better treatment for yourself and for your rosacea symptoms.
Stay fit and stay healthy.