Story of a Toner for Oily Skin…
Once upon a time a distressed girl with acne-filled face wished for best toner for oily skin and so she was granted a plethora of ingredients from vegetables and fruits to beverages and alcohol.
Confused she began to use them all considering each of them to be the best toner for oily skin. But lo, it left her skin dull and dry and after some time oilier than ever.
Doesn’t the story resemble the plight of all of us? Yes, indeed! So here I come to debug all the myths about the best toner for oily skin. Many of us have doubts using toners because we actually don’t know what toning is all about… So, let’s check it out.
What is skin toning? Why do you need it?
Proper cleansing of the facial skin, inside out, is called toning. As our face is the most exposed part of our skin, it needs more toning because it collects a lot of oil, dirt, and pollution throughout the day. When skin starts getting oily, comes the need of best toner for oily skin.
Toner for oily skin not only helps us feel fresh and rejuvenated; they also act as deep cleansers that clean the extra dirt deposited in the skin. However, finding the best toner for oily skin can be a tedious task if you are not sure about your skin type.
Below I am listing best toners for all skin types so that you may pick up according to your skin and style. Take a look.
Natural Facial Toners for all Skin Types
Indian skin tends to be oilier due to the varied climatic conditions that prevail here. You can’t expect people to have a similar skin type even in the same region.
I generally don’t believe in chemical products and would detest recommending any of them as the best toner for oily skin, so here is a list of natural facial toner for all skin types that can work as the best toner for oily skin too.
- Ice Cold Water: Dabbing cotton in ice-cold water and using it as a natural facial toner after every wash will result in a less oily skin. Make sure you do it regularly.
- Aloe Vera: Undoubtedly, aloe vera makes the best toner for oily skin; you may use the pulp of aloe vera and apply it on your skin after you wash your face.Cucumber: Remember how it soothes your eyes, similarly cucumber rejuvenates your skin as never before and works as one of the best toners for oily skin.
- Neem Water: Neem has always been a cure to all skin issues, so neem water is the nature’s best toner for oily skin. Wash your face with neem water or wipe it with cotton thrice a day to get a perfectly toned-skin.
- Rose Water: Dabbing a ball of cotton in rose water and cleansing your face would reduce the oil deposits on your face slowly. It is indeed the best toner for oily skin, with added fragrance of course.
- Potato Juice: When it comes to natural facial toners, potato juice works wonders! Grate a potato and squeeze the juice, apply it on your skin after every wash and see the magic.
- Tomato Juice: This one is the best toner for oily skin, trust me! Just apply a quarter slice of tomato on your face twice a day and get rid of all acne problems in a go.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon Juice works like a magic toner for oily skin; it balances the pH level of the facial skin and rejuvenates it from inside. It has bleaching properties so it also gives your skin a natural glow.
Toner for Dry Skin
If you have a dry skin, tea is the toner for you. Tea also works as the best toner for oily skin but it is equally effective for dry skin.
If your skin is dry then avoid using a face wash as the first thing in the morning. When you get up in the morning, your skin has the natural sebum collected on your face throughout the night. Washing it away will result in terribly dry and itchy skin.
Just wash your face will cold water in the morning and let the sebum get absorbed in your pores, you may use a face wash around two hours after you get up.
Toner for Combination Skin
When you don’t know what your skin type is and it’s sometimes greasy the other times dry, so cabbage water is the thing for you.
Boil some cabbage and clean your face with that water after every wash. Trust me, it is irreplaceable, the best toner for oily skin, dry skin and skin of any type.
Toner for Sensitive Skin
If your skin tone is sensitive then it is better to avoid any kind of chemical toners as they have alcohol content so balance the pH content of your face, natural toner for oily skin will be the best suited to you.
Apply cucumber juice regularly after washing your face. Cucumber is mild on skin and works wonders to tone your skin, it acts as an anti-aging agent for your facial skin without harming your sensitive skin.
Best Face Toner
Natural toners are best face toners as the facial skin is the most sensitive skin in the body. Listing the best toner for oily skin, I realized the best face toner is also the one most easily available one. These two toners are tomato and lemon.
Just cut a slice of lemon while working in the kitchen and apply it on your face, leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wash your face.
Similarly, save a quarter of tomato while preparing the evening curry and put it on your face, wash it after some time. It is the best toner for oily skin and works well for all skin types if the skin is not too sensitive.
Natural Toner for Face
The most natural toner for face used from the ancient times is the Bengal gram powder (Besan). It works wonders on facial skin and provides complete nourishment to it.
Bengal gram powder is the ultimate toner for oily skin as well. It is the most natural way to lift up your skin and make it glow.
Best Toner for Acne-prone Skin
Best natural toner for acne-prone skin is neem water. Yes, neem water is the most invigorating toner for oily skin, acne-prone skin, dry skin as well as combination skin. Neem water is an elixir for skin diseases as well as skin rejuvenation.
Acne is the by-products of oily skin, best toner for oily skin is undoubtedly the neem water. It has miraculous benefits to cure acne in no time.
Boil some neem leaves in the morning and use the water to clean your face all throughout the day. Your skin will be toned and acne will vanish in no time.
Toners for Oily Skin that Rule the Market
The above listed natural toners are undoubtedly the best to use but still if you want to try the toners from the market, there are some genuine makers who use herbal products to make effective toners. Take a look and choose your best toner for oily skin.
- Fabindia Tea Tree Skin Toner – This is the best toner for oily skin. Females across the country have voted it to be among the best. It restores the pH balance of your skin leaves you with a toned face.
- Ayur’s Herbal Astringent – One of the oldest brands, Ayur still rules the market and it’s peoples’ choice for the best toner for oily skin. It culls out extra oil from your face and lifts up your mood too.
- Lotus Herbals Basiltone Clarifying and Balancing Toner – Best toner for oily skin, it removes dead follicles and revives the skin. It makes skin look radiant and smooth. It is the most used product in the Indian market.
- VLCC Skin Defense Punarnava Astringent – VLCC products have always marked their positive presence in the cosmetic market. This toner for oily skin by VLCC called Punarnava rejuvenates the skin from inside and tones it naturally.
- Nivea Oil Regulating Toner – When it comes to skincare, Nivea comes out to be a trusted brand. Coined as the best toner for oily skin, Nivea oil regulating toner efficiently restores the pH balance of the facial skin and gives a natural radiance.
- Kaya Skin Clinic Acne Free Purifying Toner – An amazing product from Kaya Skin Clinic, this toner for oily skin is a pro at removing acne and pimples from the skin. It acts according to the skin type and is great at restoring pH balance.
A Success Story
“Proper toning and moisturizing is the secret of my healthy skin,” says the super-cop, Seema Rani, who has been serving in the Indian Police Department as a criminal photographer for nearly 3 decades now.
She is 52 years old and her skin glows amazingly overshadowing her contradictory profession and daily life.
“I make sure that I eat healthily and use natural facial toners. Best toner for oily skin according to me is Ayur’s Herbal Astringent. I have been using it for more than 25 years and it has never let me down,” she adds.
Now time to answer the frequently asked questions. Take a glance!
Q: Is toning necessary in old age?
A: Toning the skin is necessary for every stage of life. As soon as the skin starts getting exposed to pollution, sunlight, and dirt, cleansing, and toning become an essential part of skin care.
Generally, due to the exposure, the skin becomes oily, one should choose the best toner for oily skin to keep their skin rejuvenated in any age.
Q: Are bleaching and toning the same thing? I prefer bleaching, is it okay?
A: Toning and bleaching are not the same as bleaching will only make you look fairer by burning the tissues on your face. Frequent bleaching for a longer time is not good for health also.
Toning, on the other hand, works internally, it restores the pH balance of your skin and lifts up the cells of your skin. I suggest you choose the best toner for oily skin and use it frequently for better results than bleaching.
Q: Which is the best toner for oily skin with acne and sensitivity?
A: If you have an oily skin and if you also suffer from acne frequently, I suggest you wash your face with neem water regularly.
Also, you may try Neem Face Wash from the Himalayas from cleansing purpose. Choose the best toner for oily skin from the above-mentioned products and use it without fail.
Q: Does a toner contain alcohol? Is it good in the long run?
A: All the toners necessarily do not contain alcohol and if they do, the amount is not more than 10-15%. Alcohol is needed to restore the pH balance of the skin and it is not generally harmful.
However, if you have a skin disease I would recommend you to consult your doctor before using any product.
Q: My skin becomes dry when I use toner regularly but feels dirty and oily if I don’t. What to do?
A: Go for natural toners like cucumber and tomato, it won’t make your skin dry. Also, use moisturizer and night creams to restore the natural sebum of your skin.
Cleanse your skin with milk and gram flour. Gram flour works as the best toner for oily skin.
As a concluding note, I would suggest all of you go for natural toners and choose the best toner for oily skin for you. Keep your skin healthy by proper cleansing, toning, moisturizing, and scrubbing. Stay healthy, stay fit.