Chemotherapy is the most effective cancer treatment, but the most expensive one. Here we shall discuss the chemotherapy cost in India and its pros and cons. Before going to it we need to understand what chemotherapy means.
What is Chemotherapy?
To cure cancer, there are many types of cancer treatment in India that the hospitals give. They are Surgery, Radiation, Chemotherapy, Targeted therapy, and Immunotherapy. Among them chemotherapy is expected to be the most reliable one, in the cancer treatment in India.
“Chemotherapy uses anti-cancer high dose drugs into the body of the patient to kill the cancerous cells. Chemotherapy is basically known to be a cancer therapy, but it is also known to cure other diseases apart from cancer.”
Though cancer chemotherapy has got many side effects and harms to the body, but it is a must to go through for the patient.
How to decide going for Cancer Chemotherapy Treatment?
The chemotherapy costs are actually very high all over the world, but the cancer treatment in India is becoming reasonable considering all classes of people. The chemotherapy cost in India is quite affordable for people now. This includes the best cancer hospital in India as well.
The decision on the going for the cancer chemotherapy depends on several aspects. The modernizing technology in medical sciences, advanced equipment, diagnosis process and expert doctors; help in letting people become people more confident of the cancer treatment in India.
The chemotherapy cost in India, the after treatment effects; best cancer hospital in India and proper diagnosis helps in taking decision easily. So, it is important for the sufferers to identify the symptoms of cancer early and go for quick diagnosis; this can make the cancer chemotherapy easier and not that tedious to cure.
Now, before we go to chemotherapy cost in India, let’s see how the cancer chemotherapy works.
How does Chemotherapy Treatment work?
The chemotherapy cost in India is high only because of the complexities during the treatment. The chemotherapy basically includes the destruction of cancer cells over a specific position or all over the body of the patient, through a high dose anti-cancer drug. Even the expensive drugs also make the high chemotherapy cost in India.
These drugs kill the cancer cells, at times destroying the normal healthy cells of the body of the patient as well. They may cause high damage to the body of the patient, due to the powerful drugs used in it.
How long is the chemotherapy performed?
Cancer chemotherapy is most effective when it is performed completely till the whole period. The chemotherapy depends on the stage and type of the cancer, the patient is suffering from. It can be for a day, a week, or months.
The cancer chemotherapy may increase from once to twice or more, till the body heals up from the cancer cells. The doctors give the patient rest period to heal up from the chemical doses, and then give the second call.
In this way, the chemotherapy treatment goes on to the cancer patient. The affordability of the chemotherapy cost in India helps them to treat this life-threatening disease. There are some speciality in the facilities, features and chemotherapy cost in India.
All About the Chemotherapy in India-The Chemotherapy Cost in India
Must say, our nation is one of the easily affordable destinations for chemo, cancer treatment in India. The chemotherapy cost in India is low as compared to other countries. In fact, the chemo here doesn’t compromise with its qualities.
According to the research, the chemotherapy cost in India is one-tenth of the chemo costs in the developed countries. This is the biggest reason to go for the cancer treatment in India. People from other countries come down for the cancer treatment in India, as we have the highly advanced medical science, diagnosis and treatment methods of chemo, etc.
There is an abundance of cancer hospitals in our country, but among those only a few are the best cancer hospital in India. Though ranking highest, these best cancer hospital in India give affordable cancer treatment in India. These hospitals in the treatment of chemo, facilitates low chemotherapy cost in India, helping the weaker section people.
The best cancer hospital in India situated in the cities, like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Trivandrum, Hyderabad, etc., moderate the chemotherapy cost in India. They provide several other facilities like emergency services, online services, accommodation, etc., to all the patients coming for the cancer treatment in India, be it from any section.
Chemotherapy Cost in India
Making an exact estimate of the chemotherapy cost in India is quite difficult.
But generally it depends on:
- Which types of drugs are used in the chemo.
- What is the duration and frequency of the chemo, cancer treatment in India.
- It also depends on the hospital where treatment goes.
- A few surveys brief that the chemotherapy cost in India distinguishes between that of the hospital chemo and that of the physician’s office.
There are several factors that influence the chemotherapy cost in India.
What are the factors affecting the Chemotherapy cost in India?
- The cost of diagnosis and other tests performed before the chemo also gets added to the chemo costing, increasing the chemotherapy cost in India.
- The stage of the cancer also influences the chemotherapy cost in India. Assume, if the cancer is in early stage the chemo may take only 1 or 2 cycles of treatment, but if the stage is advanced and acute then the cycles will increase and complicate, thus, increasing the chemotherapy cost.
- The quality and types of medicines and drugs used in the chemo, also influence the chemotherapy cost in India. If the medicines are imported or from remote places, then they may cost higher, in turn increasing the chemotherapy cost in India.
Though the drugs of chemo are comparatively cheaper than those manufactured in other countries.
- Even the best cancer hospital in India also has impact on the chemotherapy cost in India. There locations and popularity also influence the chemo cost.
- The grade of hospital, or best cancer hospital in India may also increase the chemotherapy cost in India. Along with that the hospital facilities, services the chemotherapy cost in India increases.
The other factors are:
- The accommodation, food, commuting, etc., may also increase the chemotherapy cost in India.
- These are the major factors influencing the chemotherapy cost in India. There might be some more factors that may affect the chemo costing in some or the other way. Generally, the chemotherapy cost in India is approximately Rs 30,000 to Rs 1,00,000/- per sitting.
- It may increase for the international patients coming for chemo, cancer treatment in India, up to 50% or more. But, still this increased chemotherapy cost in India is lesser than that of the chemo cost in developed countries.
The best cancer hospital in India gives a high quality diagnosis and chemo and other cancer treatment in India, though at lesser chemotherapy cost in India. Also we provide with great accommodation facilities, emergency and online services, cooperative staff and doctors who are genius in their fields, also being empathetic to their patients.
The Experts Required for Chemo in the Best Cancer Hospital in India
First thing to discuss is the professionals required during chemo, or the experts needed?
The main experts that conduct the chemotherapy cancer treatment in India form a team. Depending on the stage of cancer and it types, where it occurs decides who are the professionals involved in the chemo. They are:
- An oncologist: the doctor who is a specialist in the chemotherapy, and involved in the chemo only. These specialists may also affect the chemotherapy cost in India.
- A nurse: the nurse has her own significance, she takes care of all the doses, diets, routine checkups of the patient during the chemo.
- Pathologist: A pathologist diagnoses the disease the patient is suffering from and studies his body tissues. So, important during chemo as well.
- A hematologist: they check and keep an eye on the blood count and bone marrow of the patient.
- The Analyst: the analyst has an important role in sorting out all kinds of problems the patient faces, during the chemo. Be it physical, mental or emotional.
This team has a tremendous effect on the chemotherapy cost in India. As the doctors and specialists who are highly qualified and experienced demand a high cost, especially those coming from abroad increase the chemotherapy cost in India.
The best cancer hospital in India mostly has highly qualified specialists who have a great impact on the chemotherapy cost in India.
What are the Methods involved in Chemo – the Cancer Treatment in India?
Depending upon the method how the drugs are given to the patient during chemo, this cancer treatment in India has two categories:
Oral chemo is the cancer treatment in India that uses the capsule or tablet forms of doses given to the cancer patient. The oral types are more in the chemotherapy cost in India, due to which many health insurance schemes don’t cover it. The doctors can also allow the patient to take the doses at home only, if his/her health permits.
A regular checkup with the doctor is a must. Mostly the chemo is becoming oral in many of the cancer treatment in India.
As the name suggest this chemo consists of injection of the drugs into the veins of the patient, not orally. The intravenous chemotherapy cost in India is lesser than the oral chemo.
Here the infusion of anti-cancer drug is either done by needle in the vein, or a catheter.
The intravenous chemo can go for a day, to days, or weeks and months. But it is not allowed for home, doctors conduct this chemo under their strict supervision.
As we all know chemo, the cancer treatment in India is not an easy task to perform and not easy for the patients who take it, to hold strongly on it.
Chemo has got lots of side effects and plenty of precautions are advised to the patient before and after the chemo.
Side effects of Chemo and the Precautions
Though the chemotherapy cost in India or in any other countries are higher than rest of the cancer treatment in India, still it’s a must for a cancer patient to go through. The chemo on the other hand, comes up with a number of side effects and precautions to take care of.
First I will tell you about the after treatment effects of the chemo.
Side effects of Chemo are like:
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Skin darkening and paling
- Hair loss and hair greys
- Persistent Headache
- Poor kidney and Liver Functioning
- Weak immune system of the body
- Discoloration of the Nails
Now let’s understand what the points are, for a cancer patient, who undergoes chemo should take care of:
Dos and Don’ts of the Chemotherapy
The points we should take care are:
- Do not stay in polluted places
- Eat healthy fresh fruits and vegetables
- Stay active
- Maintain good hygiene around you
- Do not ignore any signs of infection
- Stay away from crowd or any public places for the beginning of few months after chemo
- Avoid junk or refrigerated food
- Smoking and alcohol are hazardous to health, a cancer patient must never try it.
- Get some regular exercise, yoga and meditation for fitness and calm your mind
- Do not stress yourself.
Not just the chemotherapy cost in India is an important point, but it is also important to understand chemo, and how to be safe to avoid further problems.
(name of a hospital), one of the best cancer hospitals in India, also helps the patients in financing and managing their treatments. Some hospitals and charities are also performing great welfare programs in order to help the weaker section of the cancer sufferers.
How do the Hospitals help in managing the Chemotherapy Cost in India?
The Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai is making efforts in providing low-cost chemo drugs to the cancer patients. Especially to the patients suffering from ovarian cancer are getting most of the help in managing their chemotherapy cost in India. This hospital comes under the best cancer hospital in India.
The best cancer hospital in India like Regional Cancer center, Thiruvananthapuram
Adyar Cancer Institute, Chennai
Delhi State Cancer Institute, Delhi
Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, etc.
The Cancer Fund Raising Organisations
Many others provide free chemo and other cancer treatment in India, helping the poor to cure their disease managing the chemotherapy cost in India. The Cancer Care Fund an initiative taken by the Indian Cancer Society is widely helping the underprivileged cancer patients. They get the cancer treatment in India, with full support in the chemotherapy cost in India.
Many more trust and foundations are helping the cancer patients to get the best treatment free of cost, like Aarogya, Sahayta, You We Can (by cricketer Yuvraj Singh), they promote the cancer awareness and education, removing the stigma of the term “Cancer”.
They also volunteer the cancer treatment in India, giving the workshops related to it, and helping in free cost chemo and rest cancer treatment in India. Thus, maintain a good balance of the high chemotherapy in India.
Cancer in some or the other way can be cured, if we all gear up and raise our hands in the help of all those who can’t afford the chemotherapy cost in India. Contribute in these charities a little, it is just a step away from the awareness and to feel the pain, the humanity.
“I can save a life, you can save one….we all can do this.”
Thus, it will leave no cancer patient dying of the disease and be it anywhere; the chemotherapy cost in India will not be an issue.
Stay hale and hearty.