Hypotension is becoming a very common problem in humans; it is another term for Low Blood Pressure. In the current article, you will get help on this by understanding the home remedies for hypotension.
Normally the blood pressure in humans is 120/80 mmHg, in hypotension is created when the blood pressure is lower than 90/60 mmHg.
The fluctuations of the blood pressure create problems to the heart, and directly to the health of the person. The low blood pressure or hypotension tends the body to become weaker and dull.
The home remedies for hypotension will help you in getting the cure out of it at home naturally.
The stress and lack of proper diet create hypotension, it is more common in women than men. The home remedies for hypotension can very well help you in coping up with low blood pressure. Let us find out what does Hypotension mean and what are the risk factors and causes to it?
What is Hypotension?
“Hypotension is a second term for Low Blood Pressure, which causes the low-pressure exertion over the walls of the blood over its arteries.”
The blood pressure of a person keeps on varying from time to time. When we sleep our BP lowers and when we wake up it rises back. When you become ill or have a fever, you will face hypotension, when the body becomes weaker and you will start.
First, we need to be alert on what causes low blood pressure, before jumping on to the home remedies for hypotension. Let’s have a look.
What Causes Hypotension?
• There not many reasons behind the low blood pressure, but basically if we talk about what causes low blood pressure due to severe fever, or allergic infections.
• Another reason can be the uncontrolled bleeding, due to some accident or injuries, causing low blood pressure.
• Sometimes hypotension is also genetic, which can cause weakness anytime when the patient has a fever, upset stomach, infections, or pregnancy. Further will let you know the home remedies for hypotension.
• Pregnancy can also be a reason behind hypotension, which is caused due to uncontrolled weakness and dizziness during the pregnancy in a lady.
• Dehydration is also a major point of what causes low blood pressure. This point will also guide you towards home remedies for hypotension.
• Alcohol creates dehydration, which can, in turn, cause hypotension.
• Anaemia- The low blood cells count or hemoglobin causes anemia; which is a big cause behind Low blood pressure.
The time to time check-up of the blood pressure has become a necessity for all in this stressful, fast life.
Let us now understand what the main risk factors behind Hypotension are.
Risk Factors for Hypotension
Hypotension is caused due to many reasons, as I have discussed earlier. There are many risk factors that cause the blood pressure to lower. The risk factors for low blood pressure are the attributes or exposures, increasing or decreasing which can cause the blood pressure to lower.
Some of the main risk factors are:
Due to random increase in the blood circulation at the time of pregnancy, the low blood pressure occurs. Every trimester of pregnancy has a different pattern of blood pressure increase or decrease.
Long-term bed rest due to some illness or serious disease can cause weakness, thus, causing low blood pressure. Staying active and performing certain Asanas as the home remedies for hypotension helps a lot.
Certain medicines or therapies tend to lower the blood pressure of a patient, especially antidepressants, narcotics, Parkinson’s disease, antipsychotics, etc.
Low blood pressure treatment requires certain medication, low blood pressure diet and some more home remedies for hypotension. But first of all, a proper detection and diagnosis of the ailment should be recognized. Know the symptoms of low blood pressure first, and then we will discuss the home remedies for hypotension.
Symptoms of Hypotension
Low blood pressure treatment requires the identification of the symptoms of this problem. There are many signals arising in the body of a person suffering from hypotension. The symptoms that you feel appearing in your body will help you very well to initiate the use of home remedies for hypotension at an early stage and get the cure soon.
They are like:
Dizziness or feeling sleepy and weak all time is the main symptom that appears due to the low blood pressure. Its cure also lies among the home remedies for hypotension.
The feeling of uneasiness and puckishness is due to hypotension, which has got several home remedies for hypotension. Nausea is another major symptom that signals to the ailment.
Low blood pressure causes light head and fits. This causes low conscious brain, which also causes dizziness and nausea in the sufferer.
Fatigue is another symptom that comes to the hypotension patients. Here applying the home remedies for hypotension will help the patient.
The low blood pressure causes the disturbance in the blood circulation; thus, causing slow reach of blood to the brain, which causes the loss of consciousness, leading to fits and faints to the person. There are many home remedies for hypotension for this.
There are some more symptoms that appear when there is an extreme phase of hypotension. This condition immediately requires low blood pressure treatment.
Extreme Condition of Hypotension
Confusion, specifically in older people
When the hypotension gears up, especially in older people, they suffer from confusion and tension. Even their mind is so perplexed that they don’t even remember what they were saying or thinking just a moment back.
Even those undergoing any medication for antidepressants or antipsychotics face these problems the most. We also have some home remedies for hypotension showing these symptoms.
The extreme case of hypotension also causes the skin to turn pale and very dull.
Rapid shallow breathing
The low blood pressure causing slow circulation leads to slow oxygen supply to the lungs. Thus, this, in turn, tends to shallow and rapid breathing to get the maximum oxygen at a time. This symptom should be checked by a doctor, as it requires immediate low blood pressure treatment.
Weak and Rapid Pulse
The low blood pressure causes weak and heavy pulse rate. The pulse rate increases due to the less pressure exertion over the walls of the blood vessels.
Let’s talk about the home remedies for hypotension for now. You would be able to reconnect it with the low blood pressure, along with that you will come to know the low blood pressure diet and other types of low blood pressure treatment.
What are the Home Remedies for Hypotension?
I will provide you here with some very easy and effective home remedies for hypotension, which will prove to be a great low blood pressure treatment.
1. Soaked Raisins
Raisins are the best gift for providing energy to the body, and a great remedy to maintain a good normal blood pressure. Soak 5-6 raisins overnight in water, and then eat it empty stomach early morning. Follow it with drinking a cold glass of water and then for best effective results don’t eat or drink anything for at least one hour.
2. Keep your Body Hydrated
As I have already told you dehydration can also cause low blood pressure. So a good consumption of water will help you to keep your body fit and healthy and increase your lower blood pressure. Drink gallons of water, and keep yourself hydrated all day; either you are at home or outside for some work.
Don’t let dehydration cope over your body.
3. Try Basil and Honey
Basil is a great herbal remedy that is a cure for many diseases, like cold, cough, blood purification, and proper blood pressure. When you add a teaspoon of basil juice with twice of the quantity of honey and consume it. For best results, have this wonderful home remedies for hypotension twice a day.
4. Increase the Salt Consumption
As you would be well-knowing salt helps in increasing the blood pressure by increasing sodium composition in your blood. Thus, contrary to the high blood pressure, the home remedies for hypotension includes the increased intake of salt or sodium in your low blood pressure diet.
Even in an emergency situation, causing fits or fatigue due to low blood pressure, you can try a glass of water, mixed with half teaspoon of salt and a single teaspoon of sugar. You might feel better with such home remedies for hypotension.
5. Have some Coffee
Coffee helps in increasing the lowered blood pressure, because of the caffeine present in it. Caffeine is the best home remedies for hypotension. It helps in elevating the weak pressure over the walls of the blood vessels.
You can take it with milk, however black coffee is the best, for low BP patients sugar is recommended, but still if you have diabetes or cholesterol problem then avoid sugar.
6. Good News for the Chocolate Cravings!!!
Same as coffee, chocolates also contain caffeine, which is the best for low blood pressure treatment. These home remedies for hypotension work instantly and give quick results to the low BP patients. However, it can be a good news for those who love chocolates…. 😉
7. Beetroot Juice
A beetroot is really effective in giving relief from low blood pressure problems. Two glasses of beetroot juice a day can help you in curing as great home remedies for hypotension.
8. Almond and Milk
Having almond along with milk is highly effective among all the home remedies for hypotension. You can take it as munching almonds and sipping lukewarm milk along with it, or alternatively, you can grind 3-4 almonds and boil them in milk and drink slowly. This remedy is great for increasing your strength and elevating your low blood pressure.
9. Pumping your Feet and Ankles
Sudden standing or laying down can make sudden changes in your blood pressure, it is better to pump or tap your feet before you stand up. Also, try to make a twist and turn exercises as the best home remedies for hypotension.
10. Elevated Head Position while Sleeping
While sleeping as you have already read here, causes lower blood pressure. Thus, keeping your head slightly inclined with some good pillows and cushions can help you maintain a good blood flow through your brain and heart, and all through the body, keeping your body from an extreme drop in the blood pressure.
Next, I will tell you the low-pressure diet, which will help you to cope better with the low blood pressure.
What to Eat and What Not?- Low Blood Pressure Diet
Now we need to consider deeply all the goods and bads of the low blood pressure diet. This will help you understand more the home remedies for hypotension.
- Eat food rich in vitamin B12: This will help to get you cured of anemia and keeps you strong and active. E.g. Eggs, fortified cereals.
- Liquid foods and fluids: Blood pressure drops due to dehydration also. It is one of the main reasons that water and liquid foods are believed to be among the best home remedies for hypotension.
- Foods high in Folate: Similar to Vitamin B12, Folates are also important content in the diet, which is most required. Foods like Asparagus, Liver, etc. are high in Folate content.
- Take a Good amount of Salt in your food: Use a good quantity of salt in your food, if you are suffering from low blood pressure. It is the best among home remedies for hypotension.
- Small Meals: Eat small meals, at an interval of two hours. Don’t eat too much at a time, as it can make a sudden drop in your food.
- No Processed Foods: Try not to have too much of carbs in your diet, especially avoid processed foods are of great harm to those facing low blood pressure. This is also among the useful home remedies for hypotension.
- Say No to Alcohol: Alcohol lowers the blood pressure, so it is better to avoid having alcohol and keep yourself hydrated with water, juices and highly nutritious soups.
Let us now check out the Exercise suitable for low blood pressure patients. You may count them also among the home remedies for hypotension.
Low Blood Pressure Workouts
Performing workouts or maintaining a regular fitness regime is great for your health. But if you are the one among the sufferer of Low blood pressure it is recommendable not to exert yourself too much. Do not sweat yourself above your body allows.
Apart from the home remedies for hypotension, you can also treat yourself with these low blood pressure ASANAS or YOGA ideas, which will help you in the long run.
- Sarva Hita Asana: Also known as the leg raising posture, in which you have to practice your breathing along with the asana. It includes lying on your belly and raising of both the hands and legs together and then again putting back to normal position.
- Meru Prishthasana: This yoga involves the twisting of the upper body in left and right turns one-by-one.
- Viparitakarni Mudra: This is half shoulder stand, which will help increase your low blood pressure. This will soon help it to maintain your normal blood pressure.
- Bakasana: This is the crane posture, which the yogi makes as an asana.
- Khatu Pranam: This Asana helps in controlling of the mind, soul, and body of the low blood pressure patient. In this posture, the yogi has to perform Namaskar with one leg raised through knees, and the other one lying straight.
Similar you should be knowing the Yoga for High Blood Pressure.
This is all about the home remedies for hypotension, which is going to help you in the long run. The low-pressure diet, special home remedies for hypotension tips, exercise and all about the hypotension issue will help you to keep it in control.
Eat healthily, Stay Healthy!