How to do Meditation in a right way?
How to do Meditation ?, we will discuss it later. Now a days there is no one who doesn’t know how to do meditation. Everyone is aware of meditation and meditation methods , and have some knowledge in how to do meditation.
But do you really know how to do meditation methods that is how to do meditation exactly? In a right way ?. That is you may know meditation and how to do meditation but you may don’t know how do meditation for sufficient time that is how long it should be done and where to stop based on your requirement.
how to do meditation methods for different methods since they differ from each other. Even though they are different they a have common point as well. For an instance leave how to do mediation, question your self why to do meditation, then all these meditation methods are for peace, inner harmony, health, happiness and joy.
For both physical and mental benefits. How to do meditation mindfulness meditation methods, how to do meditation in vipassana meditation methods, how to do meditation in mantra meditation methods since they differ.
Coming to Vipassana Meditation and Mindfulness Meditation how to do meditation in that methods, they have same object that is focus on breath. And mindfulness meditation differs from vipassana meditation in application that is in practice.
For the question how to do vipassana meditation i will say you need to start with mindfulness meditation. There are several meditation methods than these two, which teach you how to do meditation.
And I will discuss how to do meditation below what are the differences in several meditation methods that is the differences of how to do meditation such as mindfulness meditation, how to do meditation like vipassana meditation and how to do meditation like mantra meditation.
Why I want to discuss only these three is they are widely practicing and accepted meditation methods today.
How to do Meditation Methods:
As I discussed earlier, everyone knows something about how to do meditation. That is it is done by closing eyes, sitting straight etc. And I will discuss how to do meditation in a proper way.
First I want to tell a crucial part of how to do meditation. That is sitting posture.
It is about what to wear before how to do meditation.
- At first you need choose a room or some space or a place which is calm and noise free. Or a place where you feel comfortable and not get disturbed.
- You need to wear loose clothes if possible, if you can’t wear loose clothes loosen your belt while doing meditation.
- Set a clock for how much time you want to do meditation in a stop watch or a timer.
- Leave your footwear.
- You can meditate on a cushion, a sofa, a chair or on a floor.
- Sit on the place cross-legged, wherever you choose to meditate ( if it is on chair and if you can’t sit cross-legged you can just sit normally).
- Clasp your fingers or let them relax on your thighs or you can touch make them touch finger tips.
- Sit straight that is erect, your spine should be straight.
- Feel relaxed when you sit for meditation don’t be rigid.
- Maintain a quite smile on face.
- Gently close your eyes.
Now the most important part of how to do meditation is focusing on object this is very popular and widely practicing way so I want to go in detail of this meditation methods. It differs for mindfulness meditation and vipassana meditation to mantra meditation.
In mindfulness meditation and vipassana meditation the main focusing object is breath that is inhale and exhale and also movement of abdomen where in mantra meditation the key focus is to chant.
For mindfulness meditation and vipassana meditation the key focus is to concentrate on breath.Even though mindfulness meditation and vipassana meditation are different both have the common starting in how to do meditation topic.
That is vipassana meditation is the next stage of mindfulness meditation. Now going back to how to do meditation in vipassana meditation and mindfulness meditation.
What is this second part about how to do meditation is
- Now the person should concentrate on breathing.
- The intake and releasing of air from his nostrils.
- And for vipassana meditation the focus is also on movement of abdomen. When you focusing on the movement you should not imagine or memorize the abdomen but only concentrate on the movement
- Like if you imagine a coin on abdomen its movement due to inhale and exhale.
- When you do that different types of images and thoughts comes to your mind.
- Those are called as ‘secondary object’. And you should come back to focus on breath which is ‘primary object’.
- When you doing this so many images from your memories comes as a flash. And so many sad memories come to your mind.
- Everything you did till now comes to you in meditation. That is how you get rid of all your emotions.
- Horrific, sad and joyous memories will come to your mind but you should not open your eyes.
- And you have to be balanced. When you experience all these you should not cling to them since they are all memories. Just observe them but don’t feel them.
- Like if there is a sweet. Let it be there. Don’t think like how would it feel if I eat it.
- Such that don’t go after the memories and feelings.
- As you get strong in the mindfulness meditation or vipassana meditation these flash of memories become strong and more clear.
- Face them, and be stong.
- Observe everything that is going in your mind but don’t go away from observing your breath.
- While doing meditation you will feel drowsy that is sleepy, you feel pain in different parts of your body.
- You feel a weight on your head, and something is going away from your body, or feeling like floating.
- This means that you are on a right track of how to do meditation.
- As you get access to concentration the vivid images in your head also increases.
- It gives you the stability in real life and managing capacity and proper balance in real life.
- In mindfulness meditation this is the key stage.
But in Mantra Meditation the person needs to chant that is repeat the word he choose regularly and observe it while saying. And the rest are same in this too. But it is a bit easy way since the body is repeating the same word concentration is steady.
And in vipassana meditation it prolongs to another level. And as our discussion is not about mindfulness meditation and vipassana meditation we will look in to how to do meditation.
What this third part about how to do mediation is,
- When the different images and memories stop coming to your mind. You will feel calm and quiet for some time.
- I have told that you feel pain in different parts of your body. That is due to devoid of cosmic energy in that part of your body.
- And as a part of how to do meditation I will tell you the later things happen in this meditation methods.
- When you go deep in the meditation methods, your head starts to feel weight.
- And it is the sign of opening of head chakra, to receive cosmic energy.
- Here as the cosmic energy flows into the body the body parts where you feel pain will be intensified.
- If you observe the body part where you feel pain, you get that the pain becomes less.
- Later on your body will be full of cosmic energy and the 7 chakras ( basic chakras of body lie in one single line that is vertical ) are filled.
This is what everyone crawls for positive energy. Which helps the body, to be in healthy and active mode.
If one wants to know more about how to do meditation to achieve kundalini or to know oneself. The meditation methods are as follows.
What this fourth part about how to do meditation is,
- When one is enlightened with this positive energy and body is full of cosmic energy.
- You will have feeling like a flash or a light, in your body. At the abdomen you will experience a more bright light. Which is life of the body.
- You feel it moving up and down vertically.
- As the meditation times elapses you feel this life goes out of the body and roam around.
- It sees every corner of universe.
- You may have doubt that if the life goes out how the person be alive?
- This life is connected to mortal body with a link and that is known as silver chord.
- All the above mentioned roaming of life and the things are related to kundalini meditation methods.
- And this is very advanced stage of meditation practice and should not be done without a qualified guru’s guidance, that is who is already known about kundalini meditation methods.
- Actually this kundalini meditation is a part of mantra meditation. And mantra meditation is also referred as Vedic meditation or hindu meditation.
- And the kundalini energy lies in the middle of spine. In the middle of backbone.
- And the energy lies there is mulaadhara for the body to survive.
- And it cannot be experienced how much practice you do.
- It is only experienced with the help of a qualified guru.
- You need to touch the kundalini shakti to experience this.
How to do mediation has advanced steps. If a person wants to know how to do meditation for health, inner harmony, joy and peace he can stop the How to do Meditation at PART-2 and if he want to experience knowledge and power and the bodily related activities and noises generated from mind and body he need to practice PART-3 and PART-4 of how to do meditation.
And that too under the guidance of a teacher. But to practice PART 3 and PART 4, there are very less schools. These are practiced by saints and rishis in olden days for knowledge and power. Hindu Puranas explains them well.
Coming to time of meditation, half an hour or an hour a day is sufficient if you want to follow PART 1 and PART 2, but for the further deep meditation you need to spend several hours and the time varies for person to person.
And if you are doing it for the first time it will take much time at first later on it decreases. You need to spend several hours to know self realization which is possible through vipassana meditation methods.