Lifestyle is the way of living the life. Over the period of time, there have been constant changes in the lifestyle of the people. Just imagine how the life was of the ancient people, and compare it with your own life.
Is the way of living the same? Obviously, not! Gradual changes have made the human life easy.But, it is worth thinking that the ancient people had stronger immunity than us in the present century. Why? Is it the food, or the water, or the air?
As a whole, it is our lifestyle which is responsible for the diseases we suffer from and immune system issues which prevail today.
What is a healthy lifestyle?
A healthy lifestyle is the way of living in a healthy manner. It is a lifestyle which keeps you enthusiastic, lively and fit. It shields you from the diseases and health issues. How can you keep a healthy lifestyle? It depends on the choices you make. The daily habits and the way you execute your work defines your health.
Some ways to keep the lifestyle healthy are well known among the large populations. You need to have the nutritious food and develop good eating habits. You also need to exercise daily and maintain good sleep. These lay the basic foundation of your healthy lifestyle.
Stress is common in the working masses along with the emotional depression and tiredness. You have to manage your stress in positive manner. The outlets you ought to decide. It can be any sport or recreational activity. You need to have some entertainment mediums as well to keep you in a fresh and jolly mood. The bad habits such as smoking or drinking alcohol should be reduced and slowly diminished. These affect your health, clearly.
Plan for a healthy lifestyle! Your life is very special and worthy. Do not waste it as a couch potato. Also, do not indulge into bad habits. Eat good, stay healthy and live longer.
Why we need a healthy lifestyle?
You may ask me the question “why we need a healthy lifestyle?” Why is it so important? Can’t we live the way we are living now?
You may live your life and breathe peacefully. But, the quality of your life is not the way it should be. Healthy lifestyle makes you active and increases your life span. You are secured from the possible health issues and your immune system fights off all the invading microbes in the most efficient way. To make you understand in a better way, we have the following contrasting elements.
- Heart Guard
Heart is the most delicate part of our body and the most important as well. It pumps and purifies blood, and keeps the life going. What if your heart is attacked by a disease? You must have heard about the heart failures, heart strokes and other cardiac problems. A healthy lifestyle equips food good for your heart and constant exercising. Thus, if you follow a healthy lifestyle, you are reducing the risks of the heart disease and also maintaining the healthy body weight. Therefore, a healthy lifestyle guards your “heart”.
- Blood Pressure problems
In this rushing modern world, the blood pressure problems are found in 6 out of 10 people. This may be because of the stress or body weight problems. If you lead a healthy lifestyle, you can deal with the body weight issues which in turn will keep you off from blood pressure problems.
With sedentary lifestyle, diabetes has become a common health disease gradually. The ill eating habits and having food high in fats and cholesterol puts you in risk of diabetes type 2. A healthy lifestyle will make you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, and avoid the saturated fats. Also, a little exercise will do a lot good to you.
Not only these points you need to consider, have a look below as well:
- Healthy lifestyle will keep you on a safe front from all the infections and the diseases. When you eat healthy and exercise regularly, your body remains in active state and its efficiency increases. You are able to tackle the attacking agents and fight to the diseases. Raising the antioxidant levels in your body does a great deal in keeping off the free radical formation process.
- Healthy lifestyle keeps you safe from the invading germs. But, there are diseases which have the genetic basis. Since you are having a strong immune system, a strong response will be generated by your body. Remaining on a healthy diet and proper workout plan will fetch you good health points!
- Obesity is the major health issue which is actively solved if you lead a healthy lifestyle. This is because you are eating just the correct amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Also, if the extra fat is getting accumulated, regular exercise and yoga will keep you fit and fine.
- If you are healthy, you will feel happy. And, if you are happy, you will feel full of energy. The activeness of your body as well as the mind will make you work with better speed and precision.
- A key principle of healthy lifestyle is a sound sleep. You ought to have exact sleep timings. If you keep on working constantly and get inadequate sleep, you will become tired and exhausted. Your body needs some time to regain energy and strength. Sleep is a must then! Your body repairs itself and charges you completely for the next day.
- As much as you exercise your body parts, their range of attaining full potential increases. They become better. The cardiovascular exercises take care of your heart. The rhythmic movements act as the brain gym. The continuous muscle contraction and relaxation increases the strength and endurance of the muscles. Due to these impacts, there is reduced risk of injury and you are likely to perform day to day activities in a better way.
- Increase in confidence is also observed. You feel more confident and presentable. You admire yourself more and have confidence on yourself. You in no way tag yourself inferior to someone.
- You become an inspiration for others. If you improve your way of living, others notice as well. They may be your family members, relatives or friends. They will learn from you and ultimately, you will have a contribution in building a healthy society around you. Remember, children learn from the people around them. If you are a parent or a sibling, you need to behave as a role model in front of your child. Take care of these things!
How to start a healthy lifestyle?
There is no specific time to start. You just have to set some fitness goals in your mind and devote yourself to the schedule. Start actually thinking about what needs to be done. Big changes come around by small ones. Begin with the small steps. Change your habits, and eventually your body will adapt to the changes itself. Choose wisely what you eat and how much you eat. Develop habit of exercising and performing movements. Indulge in recreational activities and sports. Make your body fit along with the mind. You may also practice yoga and meditation in order to relax your mind and increase concentration. If you do strenuous exercises, you will exhaust yourself. So, do not put extra pressure and just do it slowly and steadily.
You do not need to push yourself in things you do not like. For example, you know that swimming is a good exercise, but if you do not like it, you need not do it. You can opt for jogging in the morning or cycling. Any other sport or recreational activity is also encouraged. Take some time to figure out what you really like and enjoy, and do it. If you like to play football, go for it. Or, if you like aerobics or Zumba dance, find the nearby class.
Your eating plan should be well planned. Take some more time to surf on the net and plan out a proper schedule of diet. Do not directly jump to the harsh diet plans. As a beginner, begin with the minor changes. Do not count the calories as of now. Just try to avoid the oily food and saturated fat intake. Eating less would not make you healthy. Eating wise will make you healthy. Also, we do not tell you to cut down your cakes, pastries and the other delicious oily cuisines. You can have them at the weekends only.
Shortcuts towards leading a healthy lifestyle may sway you, but a slow and steady approach is always better in the long run. Your body gets conditioned so well that you do not face any health issues in the future.
Remember to plan out on a monthly basis. Check your progress and determine your own objectives. Stick to your will power and eventually you will be leading a healthy and fit life.
Healthy lifestyle diet
We have been talking a lot about the diet. What shall be included in the diet? Which food items need to be encouraged and which food items need to be avoided? How can we make the choices and what is the basis?
Nutrition has a leading role in maintaining our lifestyle healthy. If you take the correct food in correct amount, you will see the effect yourself.
- Eat more salads which contain the green leafy vegetables. Include fruits and vegetables. You can make the fusion salads, and use the various kinds of dressings. Season them with the spices and salts. Making the salad tasty is your own creativity. It is nutritious and just too good for you.
- The berry world has the yummy pulpy fruits for you. You can have thee strawberries, blue berries, raspberries, black berries or grapes. These fruits are rich in antioxidants and tackle the free radical formation in your body. This phenomenon of free radical formation is harmful for our body cells. Thus, including the berries in our diet is a good decision.
- Garlic may not be tasty as a raw food item, but it is termed as one of the most beneficial ingredient used in cooking. The merits are countless due to which it is termed as a precious gem of cooking. It contains certain phytochemicals which go against the carcinogenic activity taking place inside the body.
- One of the best oils used for cooking all over the world is Olive oil. It contains monounsaturated fats which can be termed as “good fat”. It is good for heart and brain health. Studies also reveal that it has beneficial effects upon the cancer patients.
- Lycopene containing vegetables are very healthy. Lycopene is an important element present in red gang, for instance, tomatoes, carrots etc. Thus, having tomatoes and carrots in the healthy diet plan is a good step. The body attains capacity to fight against cancer. The rosy red tomatoes are the best! Use them in the sauces, gravies or curries. Make tomato soup or use in salads.
- Leguminous plant foods such as beans and peas are found to be too healthy! Prepare the yummy salads or any other conventional dish.
- Whole grains are rich in fibre content. Instead of the white bread, opt for the brown bread. It is easy to digest and healthy for your body. Also, pasta and noodles made from the whole grains are really very healthy and tasty. These help you to fight against diabetes, heart disease, cancer and obesity. It also reduces the cholesterol level and checks upon blood pressure.
- Coffee is good if you take it one cup a day even. Extra caffeine is not good for health.
- If we are suggesting you to drink coffee, we also suggest you to have chocolate. But, in limited quantity. Once a week is good and acceptable. Can you do this?
- Go for white or lean meat. Red meat contains saturated fats and is not good for health.
- Why not nibble up some nuts? Dry fruits and nuts are good sources of energy. They are full of protein and supply you with a range of nutrients.
- Fishes such as salmon and tuna are really good and advised to people. Trout can also be eaten. The oily fishes should be avoided.
- Milk and dairy products should be encouraged. Calcium is necessary for the formation of bones and teeth. Any sort of deficiency can result in stunted growth.
Heart healthy lifestyle
The heart beats and gives us life. If we will not take care of our heart, we are putting our life at risk. It depends on the kind of fat we take. The cholesterol levels fluctuate and hence, the body becomes vulnerable to heart diseases.
- Carefully look whether your food has saturated fat or unsaturated fats. Avoid oily food. And, if you are taking it, then always opt for the unsaturated fats.
- Olive oil is considered good for heart and brain. Use it in cooking. Do not go for the animal fats. If you do not have the olive oil available, use plant based oils. They do not go solid at room temperature, and are monounsaturated.
- Eat fruits and vegetables.
- Do not eat the junk food. The bakery products such as cakes, pastries etc. have the saturated fat used many a times. Check before you eat. Ask the provider and eat wisely.
- Milk and other dairy products should be low in fats.
- Eat the non oily fish. Salmons, trout and tuna are available.
Check out our other related articles for more information!
Healthy lifestyle exercise
Exercising is an important aspect of a healthy lifestyle. If you do not exercise at all, how can you lead a healthy lifestyle?
As a beginner to exercising, you should know that it is something which involves your actions. You will need to do the motor movements and use your body muscles in the best way. You need to warm up your body before exercising. Go for mild jogging or walking. Begin with the stretching exercises. The best time to exercise is the early morning. If you wake up early and exercise, your body adapts and you remain active the whole day. You can check our article upon the stretching exercises and begin with something. We suggest that you begin with simple twists and bending. Involve the multiple muscles in your body and perform rotations as well.
You can also do yoga and meditation. This will help you in overall awakening of your mind.
Benefits of a healthy lifestyle
If you have read the above discussion thoroughly, then the benefits are very clear. Your body becomes strong and immune. Its capacity to fight with the diseases and infection is increased. Your body is able to protect itself in a better way. If you stay healthy, you feel full of energy and enthusiastic. You are happy and able to spread happiness around. You work in a better way. Carrying out day to day activities become easy and you feel light. Slowly, with the scheduled life, you will not feel tired and stressful. You will also be able to deal with emotional traumas easily and this will boost your ability. The lifespan increases. This doesn’t mean that you will become immortal, but yes some extra years are added to your life.
Healthy lifestyle for kids
Childhood is the age of growth and development. What you inculcate today, it will flower tomorrow. The children are the flowers of tomorrow. Do you want your kids to become lazy and lead a sedentary life? Are your kids lazy presently? Kids with poor lifestyle are not able to study and perform better. They adapt to their sedentary environment, and follow the same everywhere. They are not able to come out and shine.
Kids should be active and always jolly. Even if your kid is shy, he/she should be active. He should participate in sports activities and go creative. It is your responsibility to tell your kids to keep sanitation and hygiene. Go along with your child to playgrounds and play with him. Take him to places and make him see the pretty world around. They should get fresh air and calmness. You can also perform meditation with them. This will make them disciplined.
How to maintain a healthy lifestyle
Once you begin with the routine, there is no backing out now. You should stay determined and continue with your diet plan and exercises. You can modify your plan monthly according to your progress reports and needs. Do not think about the amount of calories you are going to lose. Just keep on going according to the plan and slowly you will notice the changes in yourself.
Do you lead a healthy lifestyle?
Now, I shall ask you this question. Do you lead a healthy lifestyle? Some of you must be already living one. Caring about your health and body is a must. One should always consider own health as a priority. If you will have the poor health, then how will you be able to do the essential work you do now? Decide and start now. It is better late than never.
Lead a healthy lifestyle and do share your views with us.