Everyone wonders that in case, ever we face any health crisis like Lung cancer, what should we do. How to cure it? Here I am going to help you in knowing all types of lung cancer treatment in India and the best cancer hospitals to cure lung cancer symptoms.
We will discuss the lung cancer, its causes, cancer stages, lung cancer symptoms, lung cancer treatment, after treatment effects, and Ayurvedic treatment of lung cancer. First we must know what lung cancer and its causes are.
What is Lung Cancer?
“Lung Cancer is an abnormality, when the normal cells of the lung grow into cancerous cells and a rapid cell growth takes place, forming a tumor and showing lung cancer symptoms.”
The lung cancer stages start with the formation of tumor out of cancer cells and become larger and start invading into other parts of the lung, tending to the disability in the functioning of the lungs.
The Benign Tumors stay one the specific site and grow there only without breaking up into other regions. While the malignant tumors are cancerous, they grow and invade into different parts of the lungs and different organs of the body through blood and lymph, causing cancer in those parts as well. This term is known as Metastasis.
Similarly Primary lung cancer starts in the lungs itself, whereas the Secondary lung cancer is due to metastasis, from some other organs which invaded into the lungs at some cancer stages. The lung cancer treatment for both of them is different.
The WHO (World Health Organization) says, there are over 7 million of deaths taking place all over the world, annually due to cancer. Almost 10% of the annual deaths globally are due to the lung cancer or some other cancer stages. If we keenly observe the lung cancer symptoms and go for quick lung cancer treatment in India, then we can save the lives from death.
What are the Lung Cancer Stages?
Before discussing the lung cancer symptoms and cancer stages, you must know there are two types of staging process in the lung cancer stages:
- Small cell lung cancer staging: The small cell lung cancer begins in the bronchi or nearby parts; and further invades into the other parts to cause the lung cancer symptoms in other parts of the body as well.
This type of lung cancer is divided into two categories:
- Limited stage: The limited type cancer stage is found in only one part of the lungs, and includes infection in the surrounding lymph nodes as well. This stage includes the removal of lymph nodes in the lung cancer treatment.
- Extensive stage: this type of staging has the cancer spread all over the other parts of the lung as well as other organs in the body.
- Non-small cell lung cancer staging: the non-small cell type shows different types of lung cancer symptoms. This type starts forming a big mass of cancer cells, i.e., tumor. The lung cancer treatment in India is somewhat different.
Following are the cancer stages of the non-small cell lung cancer:
- The Occult stage: It is the onset of lung cancer stages, though this doesn’t show lung cancer symptoms, but can be diagnosed through different tests.
- Stage 0 non-small cell lung cancers: The cancer stages here are the tiny sized tumors, and have not spread in other parts. The lung cancer treatment is easier in this stage.
- Stage 1 non-small cell lung cancer: The tumor in the cancer stages may be lying under the tissues of the lungs.
- 2nd stage: This stage has got the infection of the cancer cells in the lymph nodes and nearby parts.
- 3rd stage: lung cancer symptoms become acute at this stage, the cancer spreads from lungs to lymph nodes and also to other vital organs. The lung cancer treatment becomes critical at this stage.
- Stage 4: this is one of the most acute cancer stages, where cancer is spread all over the body; also the brain, bones also get cancer infected at the cancer stages. The survival of the patient at this stage is least probable by the lung cancer treatment.
Talking about the lung cancer treatment in India, the lung cancer symptoms play important role here, to get an idea of the cancer stages in the patient.
What are the main Lung Cancer Symptoms?
Before we discuss the lung cancer treatment in India, you should know about the symptoms that lung cancer shows.
Constant coughing which doesn’t alleviate with time and becomes severe gradually shows the lung cancer symptoms. You must go to the doctor to confirm and for the lung cancer treatment.
Cough changes in color and texture
When your cough starts changing its color to more yellowish, and more with mucus, you should be careful; it can be lung cancer symptoms.
Shortness in Breathing
In your lifespan, if you face trouble breathing or breathe rates getting shorter and faster, these are the lung cancer symptoms. You need a checkup if the lung cancer treatment is required.
When you observe pain in the chest, shoulders or your ribs, and if it continues and becomes stronger, then you should be alert.
Whistling in the breathing
If you notice some whistling or wheezing type of sound in your breath, and also a blockage in the air flow; it can be highly risky. This calls for a lung cancer treatment.
Hoarseness in the Voice
The change in the voice or voice becoming hoarse is among the lung cancer symptoms, which needs a proper diagnosis for any type of lung cancer treatment.
Pain in the Bones
The growing cancer stages lead to increasing pain in the bones of the patient’s body. This pain increases at night.
The loss in your body weight without any exercise or diet is highly at risk. As these may be the lung cancer symptoms.
These lung cancer symptoms appear differently at different cancer stages. A checkup is a need at this moment. The lung cancer treatment in India helps in curing out all these.
What are the Causes of Lung Cancer?
- Use of tobacco or smoking is the biggest cause of lung cancer.
- Exposure to harmful gases is also the cause of lung cancer.
- High air pollution causes the lung cancer symptoms to occur.
- Previous lung disease or breathing problems create a higher risk of lung cancer.
- Some family history of lung disease or lung cancer also causes lung cancer symptoms.
- Any previous lung cancer treatment or radiotherapy may increase the lung cancer symptoms to appear again.
The onset of a lung cancer treatment in India requires a proper diagnosis of the lung cancer symptoms and the cancer stages. Let’s see what the symptoms are.
How to Diagnose Lung Cancer?
Before one undergoes the lung cancer treatment, doctors perform the diagnosis to know the cancer stages. The ways to diagnose lung cancer are:
- Chest x-ray
- CT scan
- Electromagnetic Navigation
The diagnosis method like these help in checking if there is any lung cancer symptoms that needs a lung cancer treatment.
Now, let’s see what all are the new technological methods for lung cancer treatment in India.
The Lung Cancer Treatment – What is it all about?
When the point comes for a patient that he comes to know that he has been suffering from lung cancer, it really leaves him and his family into a great shock. There still are some good hospitals for lung cancer treatment in India, and the doctors are also very cooperating and empathetic.
There is a team of doctors which performs the lung cancer treatment. Like a physician, aesthetician, cancer specialists, a surgeon, oncology nurses, dietician and more assisting them. The point is the patient should have faith on his doctors and the healthcare team.
Even if there is any doubt the patient should discuss with the doctor unhesitatingly before the lung cancer treatment in India starts.
Now, this is a high time to discuss the lung cancer treatment:
The surgery is the main lung cancer treatment that helps in the removal of tumor present in the lungs. Surgery can be of four types:
- Lobectomy: in this lung cancer treatment, cancer infected lobe in the lungs is only removed and rest other sections are safe.
- Removal of a wedge section: The area which is attached to the tumorous lobes is also removed, as it might also show up the lung cancer symptoms of infections. This type of lung cancer treatment in India helps to avoid any further infections surrounding the tumorous region.
- Segmentectomy: In this lung cancer treatment, the surgeon removes a complete cancerous section of the lung.
- Pneumonectomy: In the lung cancer treatment, it is the most critical type of surgery; where the complete lung is removed by the surgery, because the tumor has infected the complete lung.
The radiation therapy is the lung cancer treatment in which the doctors use high-energy radiations to kill the cancer cells. The doctors perform this lung cancer treatment in any cancer stages. The radiations are given to the patient externally through the radiation therapy machine.
This lung cancer treatment can damage the healthy cells of the body as well while they come in the way of strong radiations during the therapy.
Chemotherapy is the lung cancer treatment using the high dose anti-cancer drugs that kill the abnormal cancer cells that help in getting rid of the dreadful lung cancer symptoms. But, in this process the healthy cells also get damaged. Chemo also has many side-effects after the lung cancer treatment of the patient.
The doctors either inject the drugs into the bloodstream of the patient or patients take them orally in the form of pills or capsules. There are two ways of chemo lung cancer treatment.
- Systematic chemotherapy: In this lung cancer treatment, the drugs are injected through the blood stream into the body of the patient, which circulates throughout the body.
- Targeted chemotherapy: In this type of lung cancer treatment, the doctors inject the drugs to the specific organ or part which is cancerous, not to the whole body of the patient.
In Immunotherapy, the doctors work on increasing the immunity of the cancer patient. This lung cancer treatment involves the usage of drugs increasing the production of antibodies which respond against the tumor or cancer cells, increasing further the immunity of the patient.
The lung cancer treatment be it any, causes some side effects also to the body of the patient having cancer stages. We should to know that too.
What can be the side effects of the Lung Cancer Treatment?
There are many effects on the body after getting treated by the lung cancer treatment. When the patient undergoes the diagnosis and a therapy, he should take a great care about the side effects and consequences of the lung cancer treatment and choose it wisely, considering the lung cancer symptoms, cancer stages, the cost and the basic after treatment effects.
The side-effects of getting the lung cancer treatment, be it due to the Chemotherapy, Radiation therapy, or Immunotherapy are:
- Weakness in the body.
- Chest pain.
- Hair loss, especially on the neck and chest.
- Change in the voice.
- Feeling sick all the time.
- Darkening and paling of skin.
- Loss of taste.
- Constant cough that may end up after a few months.
To overcome these consequences and not letting the lung cancer symptoms appear again, some of the precautions should be followed by the patient, during and after the lung cancer treatment.
Dos and Don’ts to follow while having Lung Cancer Treatment
There are some precautions advised during lung cancer treatment, which one should take care of. These dos and don’ts help you from staying away from the infection of cancer again and the adverse effects of the lung cancer treatment.
Some of the important points to note down are, like
- Eat only fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Keep yourself hydrated all the time.
- You should eat more of fiber in your diet.
- Do keep yourself clean, use clean towels, clothes.
- Stay in proper hygiene, dirt increases infection.
- Eat a proper cooked vegetables and a balanced diet.
- Don’t stay in crowded places for a long time.
- You should not eat junk foods.
- Stay away frozen food items or much fatty food.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Don’t eat chilled items.
- Stay away from pollution.
These dos and don’ts may help you to stay away from the adverse effects of lung cancer treatment. But along with this, there is one more safe and healthy solution to stay away from repeated lung cancer symptoms, i.e., Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer. Let’s have a look at some of them.
Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer
There are some of the most useful herbs, which have been found to kill the lung cancer in human. These herbs may lead to the destruction of the cancerous cells. After so many researches, the botanists are able to discover some very precious herbs that act as Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer.
Curcumin: It is an Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer. It is a substance found in turmeric that causes the inflammation of the existing cancer cells. Even taking it as a precautionary herb can keep us away from lung cancer symptoms to occur.
Arjuna: It is an Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer, which is extracted from the bark of the Arjuna tree. This is highly anti-oxidant that counters the cancer cells and stops the further cancer growth.
Ashwagandha: Ashwangandha is rich in flavonoids and anti-oxidants properties. It is very good for health, if taken regularly it keeps us away from lung cancer symptoms to develop. This is a very strong Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer.
Shatavari: Also known as Asparagus, is highly energetic and rejuvenating. This Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer is highly effective and if taken regularly it can also keep us away from any type of infection, and especially from the lung cancer treatment.
There is more Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer:
Cloves, olive oil are also helpful in Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer, in spite of going through the lung cancer treatment. One can also find remedies for staying away from cancer in green tea, carrots, and blueberries etc., which contain a good amount of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants substances in their elements.
This Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer can be helpful to everyone. As we all have well heard “Precaution is better than cure.”
Stay fit, take care of your health and keep a keen observation on the lung cancer symptoms to stay away from it, and you should use the Ayurvedic treatment for lung cancer, on a daily basis. I hope no one undergoes the lung cancer treatment in their lives, but it is to happen to some one or the other, so you just need to be aware and stay fit.