A complete guide to understand Symptoms of Acne
Acne Vulgaris is the scientific name given to a widespread skin condition that affects the oil glands of outer tissues of superficial connective tissue. It is more commonly known as acne. It is characterized by various symptoms of acne.
The condition is known by the presence of red marks, commonly known as pimples. The pathological process associated with the occurrence of acne is a consecutive process that features the inflammation and infection of the sebaceous glands and marks the presence of consecutive appearance of various symptoms of acne.
These glands are connected with the small openings of the skin. These pores or holes manufacture the oily liquid, known as sebum. The connectivity of these oil glands with the open pores is a canal, termed as follicle.
These follicles get clogged with dead skin and oil, secreted from the skin. This whole process marks the presence of acne on skin and the symptoms of acne, starts getting visible in developing phases.
The different types of Acne:
Acne is further classified into different categories:
Blackheads: The presence of sebum and dead skin cells on the top of pore gives blackish appearance on the outer surface of the skin. The superficial appearance of skin with black color is termed as blackheads.
The reason behind the presence of black color is because of the opening of the pore. It is one of the most common symptoms of acne that could be notified in the initial stages of acne formation.
Whiteheads: This class of acne occurs, when the pore gets blocked by the combination of the sebum and dead skin cells. The top of the pore remains closed. the symptoms of acne gets visibility with the bump appearance on the outer projection of the skin.
Clinically, the treatment of this type of symptoms of acne i.e. white heads is comparatively difficult as compared to the blackheads. The closed pores make it difficult to treat the whitehead from surfaces.
Papules: They are formed when the surrounding walls of the pores gets deteriorated and results in severe inflammation ,termed as symptoms of acne.
The physiological appearance of this symptoms of acne is hard and tender by touch. The appearance of skin around the pore becomes pink in color.
Pustules: The anatomical and physiological process of appearance of pustules is almost similar to the process of papules. The only difference between the these two symptoms of acne is that the former is filled with pus, while latter is not. The appearance color of these Pustules is red in color, having yellow or white appearance on the top.
Nodules: The clogged and swollen pores when continues to irritate and keeps on growing in size, they introduce the new symptoms of acne; characterized as Nodules.
They are present much deeper and underneath the skin, making it difficult to treat them at home. The conservative treatment of this symptom of acne; nodules includes the proper course of medication, prescribed by a health care practitioner.
Cysts: The collaboration of bacteria, sebum and dead skin cells in pores marks the occurrence of cysts. They develop deep inside the skin. They are far beneath the surface as compared to the nodules.
These symptoms of acne are painful in touch and are termed as largest form of acne. The main reason behind their appearance is because of severe infection. If left untreated, they are more likely to become scar.
On the basis of the pathological state, acne is also classified into following categories :
Inflammatory Acne is characterized with red color and is swollen. The inflammation is primarily caused by the collaboration of sebum and dead skin.
The clogging up of pores is also found to be done by the invasion of bacteria. Bacteria are responsible to cause deep infection, beneath the skin surface. Bacteria can result in painful acne and these are very difficult to treat.The symptoms of acne lasts until the inflammation get settles.
Non – Inflammatory Acne:
This is characterized by blackheads and whiteheads. As the name suggests, they don’t cause swelling. The after treatment effects are generally good with conservative treatment as the symptoms of acne could be easily relieved. Over- the counter treatments are beneficial to treat non- inflammatory acne.
Demographic distribution of Acne:
Symptoms of Acne:
The symptoms of acne vary according to the severity of the condition. There are associated signs of acne
As discussed above, the acne can appear on the back, chest, neck, shoulders, upper arms and buttocks. The associated symptoms of the acne are described as:
It is usually noticed that these symptoms of acne holds a very strong impression in the minds of the individual. The following emotional as well as physical roller coaster keeps on floating in the life of individuals with the acne.
1. Low self-esteem: It has been seen that the individual who receives the episodes of acne are found to be emotionally disturbed as they face esteem issues, followed by different symptoms of acne. The presence of acne makes them feel inferior among the society.
Researchers have concluded that acne is one of the responsible factors that majorly bring the behavioral issues among the individuals.
2. Depression: It has been documented that depression is one of the outcome of symptoms of acne. There are associated episodes of low self–esteem that creates a vicious cycle of frequent mood swings. These mood swings, if are not tackled with maturity can lead to introduction of severe depression.
3. Dark spots on the skin: Once these stubborn acne start to disappear, they leave dark spots. The healing phase of acne marks the presence of dark spots on the skin, which is one among the annoying symptoms of acne. These spots are totally same in nature with the acne. They too take time to gradually disappear from the skin completely. Sometime it took months or years to disappear these spots completely.
4. Scars: They are the permanent impressions left by acne. Individuals who had suffered from acne cysts, nodules, often ended up having these permanent scars on their face.
Although these symptoms of acne are irreversible in nature but timely treatment of acne can help you to save yourself. One has to be very cautious and should consult the specialist as soon as possible.
We have talked about the types and symptoms of acne. It is very important to help yourself once you are introduced with the acne or is prone to get the exposure. There are different tips that can help you to keep yourself away from the symptoms of acne.
Tips to get relieve from Symptoms of Acne :
- Keep your skin clean with the help of non drying soap: Always use soap that helps your skin to get hydrated.
- Be gentle with your skin: Handle your skin with the gentle touch or soft cloth.
- If you wear cosmetics, be sure your products should be water-based. It will allow your skin to retain moisture and chances of clog formation will be minimal. Repeated washing or cleansing of make -up also helps you to keep yourself away from the episodes of acne.
- Make sure, you will remove all the dirt and make up from your skin. This could be again done with the help of water or a good quality cleansing lotion.
- Excess of skin washing can be harmful to you. Yes, it’s true. Don’t make your skin to get exposure of water in excess, this will also refrain your skin from the natural glow.
- It is advisable to avoid the scrubbing or repeated exposure of chemicals. Frequent exposure can result in invading of the delicate corners of the skin, hence resulting in harming the skin.
By following these simple healthy habits, you can easily prevent the occurrence of acne and can escape from the troublesome symptoms of acne. However, there are some tips also that indicate what to do, once you get acne. The first thing you should keep in mind is that , you should not get panic.
It is a simple physiological process that is completely curable, if taken proper care. One should always keep in mind that the symptoms of acne usually takes a longer time to recover but with patience and wise actions, you can easily get rid off.
Keep a gentle touch to the affected area: It is advised to make sure you should not touch the affected area frequently. It is done to prevent any skin infection or scarring associated with the acne.
Be wise, while using cosmetics: Your skin needs oxygen to breathe, just like your lungs. Avoid such activities that can block the process of breathing. Always remember to use organic or good quality of products for your skin.
Keep your skin clean: Although frequent touch to the affected area should be avoided, it is also wise to keep the affected area clean by regular washing or cleansing it.
These all are the few tips which can help you to get the better skin. In case these tips cannot help you, it is always advised to consult a dermatologist or skin specialist for consultancy. Proactive decision is advised to be taken before these symptoms of acne become long- lasting.
Your every action has a counter response. You should be more cautious about the food, nutrients you are taking with your diet. Diet also plays an integral part in determining the quality of your skin.
As a conclusion, we can say that acne vulgaris is one of the most common skin disorder that is accompanied with the wide range of symptoms of acne. The best part of symptoms of acne is that it is completely treatable with few guidelines. If you think your skin is prone to acne,then also you can follow these tips.
Always remember, prevention is better than cure. Prevent your skin from the troublesome acne. Make sure you are well prepared to deal with it, if it appears. Little patience and healthy habits can help you to overcome the symptoms of acne.