Though symptoms of blood cancer are not much severe but may affect life expectancy!!
Everyone is born with a certain number of cells and when these cells grow rapidly, will stop the functions of the body and ultimately may lead to the symptoms of blood cancer.
Cells comprised in the human body are subdivided in the following ways:-
Red blood cells are the cells that provide oxygen to the whole body which helps in performing its functions.
White blood cells are those cells that fight against the diseases and improve the immunity power of the body.
Platelets are those blood cells through which the bleeding discontinues. These cells are the foremost part in causing the symptoms of blood cancer.
“An unbalanced growth of any of the cells whether red, white or platelets, invades into the bone marrow tissues or other, adversely affecting the functions of the body are termed as blood cancer.”
Blood cancer is categorized into 3 types. They are as follows:-
We will be deliberating about the types of blood cancer in detail. So, let’s start with leukemia.
Q.What is Leukemia??
Leukemia is a kind of blood cancer which specifically cause because of blood cells in the body. An uneven production of white blood cells may cause leukemia affecting the function of all the three cells in the body. The rapid production of white blood cells ends the capacity of fighting with infections and also ends the functions of red blood cells and platelets.
In short, leukemia is a kind of cancer that originates in the blood and the bone marrow which ultimately turned out to be a life threatening disease.
Leukemia when occurred can either be acute or chronic. Chronic leukemia is much scarier than acute leukemia.
Frequency of spreading chronic leukemia is much faster than acute leukemia because of which chronic leukemia should be treated on priority basis.
Leukemia is sub divided as follows:-
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myelogenous Leukemia
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
Both children and adult can be affected by the symptoms of blood cancer or leukemia. Even a baby since birth can be diagnosed with the early symptoms of blood cancer or leukemia.
Every disease has one or the other symptoms. Likewise, leukemia does have symptoms which vary from person to person on the basis of phase and kind.
Q.What are the symptoms of leukemia??
Cancer cells affecting leukemia may also travel to other portions of the body. They are kidney, lungs, heart, and gastrointestinal tract.
If a person suffers from any of the following unforeseeable symptoms of leukemia then an immediate treatment of a doctor is required:-
- Too much of perspiring or sweating, usually at night.
- An expansion of liver.
- Mysterious weight loss.
- Consistent Feebleness
- Bone ache and swelling
- Red patches on the skin.
If any of the above mentioned symptoms are diagnosed persistently, then there is a high risk of causing of leukemia.
Q.What is Lymphoma??
Lymph system is a part of our immunity and when effected by the cancer cells are termed as lymphoma. Lymphoma is caused when malignant tumors develops in the immune system and destroys the functions of the organs.
Lymphoma takes place in lymphocytes which forms an uncontrolled chain of white blood cells. Both leukemia and lymphoma are treated separately as it affects the different types of cells.
Lymphoma is classified into two main types:-
Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma is mostly detected on younger age people. This is a kind of lymphoma which is most common in occurrence and can be easily treatable if known within the time span. However, people diagnosed with this kind of lymphoma can live longer than any other.
Hodgkin’s lymphoma may arise at any age of a person. This classified lymphoma usually occurs in men rather than women and is completely curable if diagnosed and properly treated. Hodgkin’s lymphoma takes place when a special kind of cell named Reed-Sternberg cell is detected under the microscope during screening.
Q. What are the symptoms of lymphoma??
The signs of lymphoma are not traceable and are parallel to those of simple illness such as viral infections, cold and many more. Prolonged dilation of diagnosis may lead to lymphoma.
There are many symptoms that will prove beneficial in detecting lymphoma. They are as follows:-
- Neck and chest pain
- Unexplained loss of weight
- Itching or Burning skin
- Lack of liveliness
- Consistent fever
- Sweating during night
- Pain in lymph nodes after consuming alcohol
- Stomach ache
Symptoms may vary from person to person and detection of lymphoma at an early stage becomes difficult. Doctor’s assistance is required if any of the above mentioned symptoms or unusual changes are identified inside the body.
After having a brief description about lymphoma and leukemia, let’s converse about the blood cancer stages.
Q. How do you define blood cancer stages??
Just like other types of cancer, blood cancer treatment also relates with its stages. Early diagnosis of symptoms of blood cancer makes the treatment far better.
Following are the blood cancer stages:-
Stage 0:- Under this stage tumor do not spread to other portions of the body. This is a stage of blood cancer where tumor grows very slowly and stuck with the same place of origination. Stage 0 is out of the various blood cancer stages in which there are high chances of successful treatment. Surgical removal of tumor helps in treating these blood cancer stages.
Stage 1:- Stage 1 cancer is an early stage cancer out of several blood cancer stages. Under this stage, tumor grows but did not enter into the lymph nodes or surrounding tissues, thereby treating it is as an early stage of blood cancer. When symptoms of blood cancer are diagnosed at primary stage, then the patient falls under this category of blood cancer stages.
Stage 2 & 3:- These two blood cancer stages reflect that cancer cells or tumor has extended to lymph nodes but not to the other portions of the body. Patients suffering from these blood cancer stages reduce the chances of survival.
Stage 4:- Stage 4 is an advance stage cancer out of several blood cancer stages. Under this stage, tumor enlarges and ranges to other portions of the body.
After having a healthy discussion about the blood cancer stages, let’s converse about the causes of blood cancer.
Q.What are the main causes of blood cancer?
Though there are no certain reasons of causing of symptoms of blood cancer but still we have some important causes of blood cancer which should be taken seriously.
Following are some key causes of blood cancer:-
- If any ancestor of the family was suffer from blood cancer then this would increases the chances of causes of blood cancer. However, family background may tend to be an important reason of causes of blood cancer.
- When our body gets contacted with more and more chemicals then this maximizes the causes of blood cancer.
- If our body has undergone some type of chemotherapy or radioactive rays, then this might upsurge the causes of blood cancer.
- Causes of blood cancer rises if our body has undergone any sort of organ transplant.
- People suffering from HIV or AIDS may also lift up the causes of blood cancer.
- History of any genetic disorder may also lead to the causes of blood cancer.
- History of any kind of blood disorder may upsurge the causes of blood cancer.
- Smoking is a sort of addiction which is a cause of various types of cancers. Similarly, this smoking will turn out to be the causes of blood cancer.
Life is uncertain we all are aware with this fact. Likewise, causes of blood cancer are also undefined but still on the basis of our medical professionals, we found out that person defined with the above mentioned causes of blood cancer raises the rate of diagnosis of symptoms of blood cancer.
Q.What are the chief symptoms of blood cancer??
Cancer is a disease of which symptoms are not known until it reaches to its advance stage. So, similar is with the symptoms of blood cancer. Blood cancer causes when there is a large number of productions of cells which ultimately destroys the functioning of the organs.
Symptoms of blood cancer are not very severe but can later on become hazardous if continues for a prolonged period.
Following are the major symptoms of blood cancer which if diagnosed should be reported to doctor immediately:-
- Joint or bone ache is termed to be a symptoms of blood cancer. Pain in joints or bone may be the cause of some other health issue but if continues for a week or more then this would be taken as serious symptoms of blood cancer.
- Consistent fever may result to be one symptom out of several symptoms of blood cancer. People may suffer from fever because of some viral infections but if that fever continues for a long period of time then this might would be risky for our life and would be symptoms of blood cancer.
- High volume of sweating at night may also be taken as the symptoms of blood cancer. Quick assistance of a doctor is necessary with these symptoms of blood cancer.
- Symptoms of blood cancer may also relate to change in person’s behavior and alertness of mind. Sometimes may also lead the person to change in person’s consciousness and mental status can also often be related to as the symptoms of blood cancer.
- Speedy heart rate may also reflect to be one dangerous symptom out of several symptoms of blood cancer.
- Non-hurting inflated lymph nodes and any kind of uneasiness in the abdomen may consider being the symptoms of blood cancer.
- Weakness and loss of appetite are also taken as the symptoms of blood cancer.
- Sometimes our body immune system becomes weak because of which we frequently get ill due to infections, and then would be the sign of various symptoms of blood cancer.
- Symptoms of blood cancer may also seem to look our lips and finger nails blue in color.
- Chest pain, stiffness, and pressure are the symptoms of blood cancer which should be taken on a serious note.
After having awareness about the symptoms of blood cancer, the next thing which comes into our mind is blood cancer treatment.
Q. What are the upgraded blood cancer treatments for curing the symptoms of blood cancer??
Awareness about symptoms of blood cancer is highly beneficial in treatments recommended by doctors.
Blood cancer treatment varies from person to person depending upon the stage, size of tumor and many other factors.
There are some major blood cancer treatments which include as follows:-
Chemotherapy is one of the major treatments for curing the symptoms of blood cancer. Chemotherapy is one of the best blood cancer treatments which includes a high dosage of anti-cancer medicines and helps in obstructing the path of cancer cells.
This kind of blood cancer treatment is given to patients before undergoing the stem cell transplantation.
Chemotherapy is a sort of blood cancer treatment which includes drugs but amount of dosage is advised by the doctor.
Stem cell transplantation is the most vital blood cancer treatment which permeates or fills our body with healthy blood in our body. This filling of blood helps in the formation of stem cells which reduces the virus of blood cancer from the body.
Each and every blood cancer treatment completely depends upon its stages. As early as symptoms of blood cancer are noticed, soon will be the treatment provided.
Radiation therapy is another kind of blood cancer treatment. Under this therapy, patients are given low dosage of anti-cancer medicines which damage the cancerous cell in the body.
This blood cancer treatment is useful for the patient to get rid of pain or uneasiness caused in the body. Before providing stem cell transplantation, radiotherapy is the blood cancer treatment which should be recommended to undertake.
Life is uncertain and comprises of number of ups and downs. Blood cancer is a deadliest disease which if a person gets affected may cause death.
Hope this article benefits to those who are going through with this dreadful disease!!
Stay connected and be as healthy as always!!