Drug Rehabilitation & Drug Rehab Centers at a Glance
Drug rehabilitation is a procedure in which a person receives treatment or therapies for his drug addiction. Drug rehabilitation or rehabilitation is used to treat physical dependency of the person. Physical dependency is a condition in which a person becomes fully addicted to drugs or alcohol. He binds to his drug addiction.
Drug rehabilitation helps in breaking this bondage. Drug rehabilitation aims to provide a simple, sober and non addictive life to the person. This rehabilitation helps in bringing life back to the person.
Drug and alcohol directly affects the physiological state of a person. It ruins a person’s life, well not only the person life is affected, but the whole family is put at a risk.
Drug rehabilitation is provided by several institutes. Facilities provided by these rehab centres are also different. Some centres treat only a specific type of addiction; some provide treatment to various types of drug addiction.
Generally people thinks that a person surely gets his life back through these rehabs but these rehabs work, only when a person really wants to get rid of his addiction.
What Does Rehabilitation Centers Do for Addicts
Rehab centers helps patient in destroying their addictive life and exchanged it with the sober and happy life. Time duration of drug rehabilitation treatment may vary from person to person. Generally it takes about 28 days which may extend to a month or more.
Whole treatment is monitored by the physiatrists. Physiatrist is a rehabilitation specialist.
Symptoms of Drug Addiction
This rehab also helps in finding the cause of addiction in a person. Sometimes, a person says that he doesn’t have any kind of drug addiction but an addictive person has some symptoms that help you in identifying the person. These symptoms are:
- Red eyes
- Aggressive nature
- High perspiration rate
- Flushing face
- Loss of coordination
- Impulsive behavior
- In spite of being wrong effect, using the same thing continuously.
But if a patient is willing to get rid of his addiction then a drug rehabilitation will be more effective for him. His strong will power helps him in successful rehab treatment.
Inpatient Drug Rehabilitation
In inpatient drug rehabilitation, you have to stay in the rehab centre till the completion of your treatment. It will take your more time. You will get various facilities to tackle addiction. This inpatient drug rehabilitation is also called as residential treatment as you have to stay in the centre.
Your treatment is done by the professionals, counselors etc., so that you may recover soon.
A number of medications are given for detoxification that followed by a number of therapies. This inpatient drug rehabilitation helps patient getting out of the addictive environment. As a person is completely out of that environment so there is nothing that will trigger him for addiction.
A patient is always having positive feeling .And he may involve in other things rather than drug addiction. Doctors are always ready to provide you the treatment. Here, you get a full time service.
Patient gets more time to make his life free from drugs. And this inpatients drug rehabilitation treatment gives more time to patient. A patient is always benefited by the inpatient drug rehabilitation treatment. Primarily, all the inpatient drug rehabilitation centres focus on the detoxification.
Because in a condition of physical dependency, sudden stoppage of addictive substances may cause withdrawal symptoms.
This detox step will help patient to lessen the effect of that withdrawal symptoms. Expert also takes care that the drugs given to the patient during detoxification may not increase the chances of overdose in his body that may be harmful for him.
Different therapies are given to the patient to find the root cause of his addiction. The reason behind the different therapies is the difference in nature of the patients.
Each person is having the different nature, we don’t know, which ones will trigger the reason behind his addiction.
This inpatient drug rehabilitation helps in strengthen the patient’s emotions. He willingly wants to live a happy and sober life. Now, you must think how it will help a patient emotionally.
So let suppose, you are living in a place that is totally out of your hectic, stressful life, a new environment, no one around to bother you; no one is arguing for anything, you are out of nuisance. So, what would you call that place? It’s like a heaven for you. Isn’t it?
Same with inpatient drug rehabilitation, a patient is out of every trouble. He starts loving his life. Inpatient drug rehabilitation also beneficial in treating alcohol addiction.
As you know, alcohol is not an illegal substance and anyone can get it from liquor shops, restaurants, bars, pubs etc. this treatment of inpatient drug rehabilitation will take him out of that environment.
A person may live in rehab center for longer time for effective treatment. It is observed that the patient stay longer in the centre for the treatment has recovered soon. Sometimes, patient seems that how will he stay longer in the center but soon they are able to manage in that environment and even they also like it.
Outpatient Drug Rehabilitation
Outpatient drug rehabilitation is the treatment in which people need not to stay in the rehab centers. This outpatient drug rehabilitation treatments take about two to three months or it may be different for each and every person. People with severe addiction may take one year in recovery.
The main benefit of outpatient drug rehabilitation is that a patient will not to bind himself to a particular place.
Not every patient is able to stay in a rehab centre for such a long time. A person may have many responsibilities that may affect due to his continuous involvement in the treatment.
So, a patient can manage both the things with the outpatient drug rehabilitation. A person’s life is less affected by the outpatient drug rehabilitation.
In outpatient drug rehabilitation, a person may leave to his home after the treatment. These treatments generally take place in the hospitals. A patient is always in touch with his family members that will help him in early recovery. He will get full support of his friends and family members.
But there is always a chance of relapse in the patient as he is also in the same environment that may trigger him for addiction. So in case of serious addiction; a patient must opt for the inpatient drug rehabilitation.
Outpatient drug rehabilitation helps in treating drug addiction such as alcoholism, cocaine addiction, marijuana addiction, heroin addiction, crystal meth addiction, vicodin addiction etc.
If we see the difference between inpatient and outpatient drug rehabilitation then we can see that outpatient drug rehabilitation is also beneficial than inpatient drug rehabilitation as every patient can not afford the expenses of the inpatient drug rehabilitation.
List of Drug Rehabilitation Centers in India
- Oxygen institute of psychiatry, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Hope trust, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Dharani alcohol de addiction center, Mancherial, Andhra Pradesh
- Phoenix foundation, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Chetana hospital, Secunderbad, Andhra Pradesh
- Sadhana foundation, L.B. nagar, Andhra Pradesh
- Sweekaar rehabilitation institute, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Shangrila rehabilitation centre, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Green valley foundation, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Faith foundation, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Mind care clinic and institute behavioral sciences, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Arel hope recovery services private limited, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Brain lab, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
- Seva medical and education society, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
- Aradhana organization, L.B. nagar, Andhra Pradesh
- Raja yogi rehabilitation centre, Vanasthalipuram, Andhra Pradesh
- Helping hands de-addiction centre, Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Vijayawada de-addiction centre, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
- Asha de-addiction centre, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Serenity foundation, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Aradhana organization, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Swaatha ayurveda panchakarma hospital, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Pass drugs de-addiction centre, Tripati, Andhra Pradesh
- Belief foundation, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Samata foundation, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Sri vimochana foundation, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Ramalingeswara nagar Vijayawada de-addiction centre, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
- Serve foundation, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Anand foundation, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Asha bhawan, Guwahati, Assam
- Kagus healt home, Goalpara, Assam
- Changlang district hospital, Changlang, Arunachal Pradesh
- Assam medical college and hospital
- Assam medical college and hospital, Dilbrugarh, Assam
- Silchar nabojyoti foundation, Silchar, Assam
- The genesis foundation, detox and rehab centre, Guwahati, Assam
- North east society for the promotion of youth and masses- Guwahati, Assam
- Manas clinic, Patna, Bihar
- Hitaishi happiness home, Anisabad, Patna, Bihar
- Sinar (shyam institute of neuro- psychiatry and rehabilitation), Patna, Bihar
- Kaveri integrated rehabiliatation, Patna, Bihar
- Chetna drug de-addiction rehabilitation centre, Patna, Bihar
- Sen nasa mukti Kendra, begusarai, Bihar
- Kaya kalp clinic, Patna, Bihar
- Disha de- addiction cum- rehabilitation, Patna, Bihar
- Central English academy deaddiction centre, bodh gaya, Bihar
- Apollo bsr hospital psychiatry department, bhilai, Chhattisgarh
- Dhanwantari hospital, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Pragya clinic and deaddiction centre, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Sankalp children’s de addiction cum rehabilitation centre, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Shafa home, New Delhi, Delhi
- Safe house rehabiliatation centre, new Delhi, Delhi
- Bhumika foundation trust- way to serenity, chhatarpur, Delhi
- Rama drug deaddiction and rehabilitation centre, new Delhi, Delhi
- Dayaneeta social welfare society, bakthawarpur, Delhi
- New life deaddiction and rehabilitation centre, Delhi, Delhi
- Centre for sleep smoking cessation service, New Delhi, Delhi
- Aman foundation, New Delhi, Delhi
- Umeed wellness centre, New Delhi, Delhi
- Nirmal chhaya drug de-addiction and social welfare society, burari, Delhi
- S.A.W.E.R.A foundation, burari, Delhi
- Alternative nasha mukti Kendra, Delhi, Delhi
- Nada India foundation, chhatarpur, Delhi
- I quit smoking India, New Delhi, Delhi
- Daya foundation, Delhi
- Jeevan sandesh foundation, hiranki, Delhi
- Saptarashmi- detox treatment, Delhi, Delhi
- Turning point foundation, Delhi, Delhi
- Alcohol deaddiction medicine, nagar, Delhi
- God grace, gurgaon, Delhi
- New life for women, New Delhi, Delhi
- Muskan foundation, New Delhi, Delhi
- Nai kiran drug de-addiction rehabilitation centre, Delhi, Delhi
- New life foundation, rohini, Delhi
- Sahaj sambhav, New Delhi, Delhi
- Pripa foundation, New Delhi, Delhi
- Association for social health in India counseling centre, New Delhi, Delhi
- Society for promotion of youth and masses, Delhi, Delhi
- Shanti home, Delhi, Delhi
- The counselor-counseling services and tobacco cessation, New Delhi, Delhi
- Ashray psychiatric clinic and rehabilitation home, Delhi, Delhi
- Tulasi home, New Delhi, Delhi
- Sai sahara drug deaddiction and rehabilitation centre, New Delhi, Delhi
- Sr mental health and deaddiction clinic, New Delhi, Delhi
- Dr. ram manohar lohia hospital, New Delhi, Delhi
- Ihbas tobacco cessation centre, Delhi, Delhi
- Dr, lall’s dental centre/smoking cessation clinic, Delhi, Delhi
- New life foundation, Delhi, Delhi
- Vinayak foundation deaddiction centre, Delhi, Delhi
- Door of hope, New Delhi, Delhi
- Sahara centre for residential care and rehabilitation, New Delhi, Delhi
- Gautam clinic, New Delhi, Delhi
- World brain centre hospital, New Delhi, Delhi
- Jeevan jyoti drug de addiction rehabilitation centres, New Delhi, Delhi
- Sukoon foundation, rohini, Delhi
- Jagriti counseling centre, Delhi
- Janakpuri, New Delhi, Delhi
- Shantiratn foundation, Delhi
- Santulan hospital, New Delhi
- De- addiction consultance services, Delhi
- Life care detox rehabilitation centre, Delhi
- Shah physiotherapy centre, south Delhi, Delhi
- Changing life rehabilitation centre, Delhi
- Nasha mukti Kendra, Delhi
- Alcoholics anonymous, Delhi
- Cosmos hospital, Delhi
- Sanjeevan medical research centre pvt. Ltd.
- Noorjahan de addiction centre, Delhi
- Kripa foundation, goa
- Psyglobal, bardez, goa
- Asha counseling centre, manpusa, goa
- Drug conseling centre, manpusa, goa
- Navjivan, I.R.C.A., palanpur, Gujarat
- Dr. keyur Panchal deaddiction specialist, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- New hope drug and deaddiction centre, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Sanidhya hospital, palanpur, Gujarat
- Sahjanand homeo- herbal clinic, Gujarat
- Dr. Rajesh birman consultant for mental health and addiction, dwarka, Gujarat
- Rays clinic for mental health and deaddiction, Gujarat
- Sterling hospital psychiatry department , Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Tobacco cessation clinic, surat, Gujarat
- Vatrika lotuspond naturopathy centre, kapadvanj, Gujarat
- Sterling hospital psychiatry department, Vadodara, Gujarat
- Kripa foundation, Gujarat
- Shivanada mission hospital, Rajkot, Gujarat
- Gujarat institute of psychological sciences and research, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Exhale yoga school, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Ishan de-addiction centre and aatman psychiatry hospital, Bhavnagar, Gujarat
- Avkar psychiatric and de addiction centre, radhanpur, Gujarat
- S.C. Patel for de addiction and mental health care, Vadodara, Gujarat
- Kaya kalp ayur and naturopathy upachar Kendra, deesa, Gujarat
- Vraj hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Kanoria hospital and research centre, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Anand hospital, palanpur, Gujarat
- Care deaddiction centre, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Vraj psychiatric clinic, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Mitshu healthcare clinic, Rajkot, Gujarat
- Dr. pradip vaghasiya, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Aatman deaddiction, Surat, Gujarat
- Dr. Bharat gadhavi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Dr. Samir psychiatric clinic and deaddiction centre, Surat, Gujarat
- Alcohol deaddiction centre, Surat, Gujarat
- Vadodara alcohol de addiction centre, Vadodara, Gujarat
- Dr. Mukesh Trivedi, Vadodara, Gujarat
- Jyoti rehabilitation centre, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Sardar Patel vyasanmukti rehabilitation centre, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Aastha de addiction centre and hospital, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Neuropsychiatry and drug deaddiction cum rehabilitation centre, Chandigarh, Haryana
- Chaitanya centre for psychiatric care de addiction rehabilitation, gurgaon, Haryana
- The retreat deaddiction centre, Manesar, Haryana
- Post graduate institute of medical education and research, Chandigarh, Haryana
- Asha Bhawan headquarters, gurgaon, Haryana
- Divine health centre, Faridabad, Haryana
- New Muskan, ladwa, Haryana
- Dr. Neeraj loona, Chandigarh, Haryana etc.
Drug Rehabilitation Cost in India
Whenever we opt for any treatment then we have to estimate the cost of all the things such as medications fee, doctor’s fee, hospital charge etc. along with that treatment. Similarly, in drug rehabilitation treatment, you have to estimate staying fees (in case of inpatient drug rehabilitation), doctor’s fees, medications fee, therapy fees etc.
This fee may vary from institute to institute. It also depends on the degree of addiction, type of addiction, and type of drug rehabilitation treatment (inpatient drug rehabilitation or outpatient drug rehabilitation). Cost of drug rehabilitation may be high or low.
Internet will help you in finding the cost of drug rehabilitation. You may search centre wise, as every centre has different fee structure.
Before going for the treatment you must choose the centre first and you will easily find the cost of that centre on websites. However, if we talk about the average rate of drug rehabilitation in India then it may range between Rs. 50,000 to 1 lakh. This will help you in getting an idea of the cost of drug rehabilitation in India. But as I said you before, this cost may vary from centre to centre.
Does Drug Rehabilitation Actually Work?
This is a normal question whenever you opt for any treatment. You want to know its effectiveness, and it arise a question, ‘does it really works?’ And if you are thinking the same with the drug rehabilitation then let me tell you that it really works. But a patient has to do some hard work to make it effective and successful.
Mostly during the treatment a patient did not stick to his treatment and again trap into the drug addiction. This is known as relapse. If a patient is facing such condition then he should immediately back to his treatment otherwise his condition will become worse.
Stopping drug addiction is like someone puts delicious food in front of you and you are not allow to eat it. It is difficult to control but you have to control yourself. It is normal to loss your control and eat it but you may try again and again to test your patience. And it will work. You will control your emotions soon.
Similarly, in drug rehabilitation, you have to control your triggers that will put you back in the worst condition. If you again captured in the drug addiction then you must stick to your treatment. That’s why long time treatments are more effective and successful.
This is true that drug rehabilitation works but it is also important for a patient to be honest towards his treatment. Drug rehabilitation will help a patient to bring him back in his sober life but that does not mean that an addictive person is completely cured. I am not misleading you but sometimes a patient has to follow some treatments even after the rehab or he has to take medications for whole life.
But drug rehabilitation may save his life from the worst situation and give him a simple and happy life. Drug rehabilitation for sure changes the life of a person. And with this, we can say that drug rehabilitation really works.
Latest posts by Renu Prajapati (see all)
- What Is Stem Cell Treatment - 22/11/2016
- Stem Cell Research Definition Controversy Facts & latest Development - 21/11/2016
- Embryonic Stem Cell Research Pros And Cons - 21/11/2016