Developing a child is called as parenting. Parenthood is the gift of good for any parent. Although parenting is not an easy task to perform.
It is a life long process where you raise your child. Generally parenting is done by the parents but it is also done by other people such as relatives, grand parents etc. Parenting is not only done for biological child it is also done for adoptive and orphaned child.
Parenting is about raising your child but you have to tackle many problems for becoming a good parent for your child. You have to understand your child, give them knowledge of social and cultural values. Make them able to face the difficulties, build their self confidence. But many factors affect parenting such as your financial condition, your status etc.
Relationship between parents and children should be crystal clear because initially you have to give some space to your children, make them feel independent.
But you need not to worry about your child because both of you are right at your place. You just need to know about some parenting skills that will help you in maintaining good relationship between you and your child.
Good Parenting Tips For Teenagers
When a child reaches at the adolescence then confusion arises between the child and the parent. The child is facing many hormonal changes and may become aggressive.
Almost all the parents have to face this problem. Because you are not getting it, how to deal with your child? So in that case remember some good parenting tips that will help you a lot. Here are the some good parenting tips for your teenagers:
- Maintain love and affection between you and your child so that he will trust you and you will be well aware of what is going on in his life.
- Don’t pressurize them to do any work otherwise they will become aggressive.
- Teach them about the safety of the cyber.
- Don’t make any strict rule or regulations for them.
- But make them remember their limit.
- Give them privacy.
- Don’t overrule them.
- Try to skip misunderstandings.
- Be a good example for them.
- Don’t punish them for any mistake, encourage them for correction.
- Share your life experiences with them.
Positive Parenting Program
Positive parenting program is also known as Triple P. This program is very effective for building good relationship between the parents and the children.
This program gives some strategies that are based on researches for good relation. This program helps parents for understanding their children. Positive parenting program is set for every stage of child such as infant, teenagers etc.
Positive parenting program is practically applicable. And this approach is really helpful for many parents. Many parenting programs are running worldwide for good parenting but Triple P is fully based on research which make it more effective and successful. Positive parenting program sets some principles such as:
- Healthy environment is necessary for a developing child.
- Parents should know about the requirements of their children.
- Transform ineffective technique into effective technique.
- Do not make any expectations from your child.
- Practical skills for good parenting.
Authoritative Parenting Style
In authoritative parenting style, parents set some rules and regulations for their children. They are not like as authoritarian parents who want to regulate their child’s life. Authoritative parents give freedom to their children but they are strict too. Children can enjoy their life but under some limits set by their parents.
This authoritative parenting style is generally adopted by the middle class families. And it is observed that children rise under this type of parenting style are self confident, physically active, well mannered and independent. A bond of love and affection is always maintained.
They are away from depression and any antisocial activities. Authoritative parenting style is successful and it is helpful for the parents. Authoritative parents are very caring for their children but they do not control their life. Children are more mature.
A child wants both mother and father for its better nourishment. But when any dispute arise between mother and father and they become separate so in this condition shared parenting is done by them.
When parenting is done by both the partners even after their separation or divorce then this is known as shared parenting. Both the parent shares their parenting. Legally both the parent has their right on the child. And both of them give their equal time to the child.
Equal time does not mean that they have to share their equal time, it only refers that a child is raised by his parents even after their separation.
With this shared parenting, a child always values both mother and father. Both the parent has to be with their child whenever he wants them like in school parents meeting, any public functions etc.
Child feels the presence of both the parent in his life. One parent can not control the rights of other parent. One parent has to be present for the child at a time.
When parents take help of practical tools for developing their children then this is known as practical parenting. These tools may be anything that helps you in understanding your child such as parent workshop, parent counseling etc.
Counselors will help you in understanding you child. These practical tools are beneficial for the parents. Many magazines are available in the market for the practical parenting. You can take help of these magazines for better parenting.
These magazines are totally research based and for accomplishing parenting. These magazines helpful for the pregnant women who need some help for motherhood. If you can not handle your child then you can take help of practical parenting.
Good Parenting Skills
If you want to enjoy your parenthood then you must follow these good parenting skills:
- Try to teach them new things through games.
- Always try to communicate with them in soft manner, don’t be rude.
- Give them healthy diet for building their brain and body.
- Support them in their work.
- If they want to try something new then motivate them.
- Make their daily routine and try to accomplish it.
- You should also take care of your, so that you can follow effective parenting skills.
- Try to make a good environment in your family so that your child will not hesitate to communicate with you.
- Always teach your child about right and wrong.
Playing with your children can maintain a good connection between you and your children. A child always learns new emotions and things everyday.
Children love to play. I know you are not in a mood of playing games every time but children are always ready to play so you can choose many games for playing with your children. With games children feel closer to their parents.
You need not to play any professional games. You just need to play small games for your children to make them feel good such as:
- If your child gets easily irritate then show your love by hugging and kissing them.
- You can play hide and seek with them.
- You can play a chase game with them.
- You can play with him a play and pause game where he only can play and pause you by a fake remote controller
- Make them feel stronger than you in any game.
Positive Parenting Tips
Some of the positive parenting tips are:
- Show your love to them.
- Show your concern for them.
- Praise their work.
- Protect them from the things that may be harmful for them.
- Help your children in their school homework.
- Set some limitations for your child.
- Always keep them away from bad things.
- Make your child feel comfortable while talking to you.
- Do not make any scene in front of your child it may put bad effect on him.
Parenting a toddler is always the toughest task. Some time they may frustrate you but you have to manage them. Toddlers are always curios to for doing new things. If they want anything, you have to give them. Here are some tips for parenting toddlers that will help you a lot:
- Make habit of book reading with your toddlers.
- Let them play.
- Try to teach them new things.
- Play some music and dance in front of them.
- Always give attention to your child.
- Make them feel safe and protected.
- Keep them away from the water sources.
- Try to sit them while eating
- Teach them not to put anything in their mouth.
Parenting A Teenager
Sometimes it’s difficult to deal with your teenagers but you need not to worry as here are tips for parenting your teenager:
- Don’t hesitate to give them knowledge of sex education.
- Teach them about the negative effects of drinking, smoking and drugs.
- Help them in making any decisions.
- Try to escape conflict.
- Set some regulations for them.
- Teach them the importance of moral values.
- Try to make them physically active.
- Encourage physical activities and exercise.
- Give them a health meal.
- Appreciate them in their work.
Biblical parenting is a Christian type of parenting. According to bible, all the children are god gifted.
And we to love them like god. You can not scold at your child as it is like god person for you. Before scolding them, think about the god and then you will not scold or punish them. In this type of parenting you have to teach your child about the god’s importance in his life so that he will also maintain a good behavior with you.
Biblical parenting is generally done by the Christians. If any other family wants to adopt this type of parenting then first of all they have to teach about the bible.
This type of parenting is not so effective because when a child reaches at adolescence then his faith on god is not so strong and he do not believe spiritual norms. In that case they do not want to listen their parents and a good communication between the parents and the child is not maintained.
Systematic Training For Effective Parenting
Systematic training for effective parenting is also known as STEP. So many books are published by the STEP for making effective parenting. D.Dinkmeyer and G.D.Mckay developed STEP. Books are available in many books. This systematic training for effective parenting provides many techniques for successful parenting.
Millions of parents have taken advantage of systematic training for effective parenting. This STEP teaches parents many effective means for good parenting. This is helpful for teenagers, early childhoods.
STEP also provides many guides for effective parenting. You may easily a STEP book online. You can also search online for the costs of these books. These books also contain many practical parenting tools for effective parenting.
Positive Parenting Techniques
Conflict between children and parents is generally arises in all families but it depends on you, how you going to solve this problem?
You should always take a positive step to remove conflicts. Punishment, scolding may put bad impact on the child which you try to escape. You should always honest with your child. Always try to resolve problems with positive attitude.
You know that your child is going through many hormonal changes, you may understand their problem.
Even sometimes they may become angry, irritating but you have to face it with positive attitude. This positive parenting technique will help you in your parenting. If you keep a positive attitude then your child will show trust on you and feel protected with you.
Parents with positive parenting techniques build good relationship with their children. This will be very effective for good parenting. All you need is some patience and positive attitude. This will change your relation with your children.
Effects Of Single Parenting
A child needs both the parent for his successful development. But when it comes to single parenting, only one parent rears his child.
Single parenting is mostly done by the women, when get divorced or separated due to some reasons. When a child nurtured by the single parent then he is deprived of many things that really affects him. And child may also face many financial or poor conditions due to single parenting.
It is observed that the children who rise by single parenting are not so good. They have poor performance in school or other activities. Also they have short attendance in school. They are not so confident. Single parenting put negative effect on child’s personality. Child is poorly developed. Also he may be depressive or under peer pressure.
But the consequences of single parenting is not always bad, sometimes it also show good parenting for a child but it is rare, Generally a single parenting is not effective for child’s good future.
Effective Parenting Techniques
You can also follow some effective parenting techniques for a successful parenthood.
- Always know the initial point from where you have to start. You should know where you have to start your parenting? Firstly teach your children about the things which can harm them physically.
- Be cystal clear about the thing you want to correct in your child.
- Do not try to escape everything as sometimes it may not good for you and your child.
- Try to discuss problem with the child.
- Encourage your child to follow your rules and regulations.
- Sometimes strictness may be good.
- But don’t use abusive language with them.
- Try to teach them holding dangerous situation.
Pregnancy And Parenting
Motherhood of a woman starts from her pregnancy. When she gets pregnant her parenting starts from here. She has to take care of her for her baby. What does she eat, drink is directly affects her baby. If she take a healthy diet then it is good for growing foetus. Pregnancy is the best experience for any woman.
But when a woman expecting her child with already having a toddler then it is difficult for her to parenting both the children. Here are some parenting tips for the woman facing this situation:
- Take plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
- Take a healthy meal, it will make you energetic.
- Always keep something to eat for you and your toddler.
- You may take chocolates, snacks for your toddler.
- Take someone with you for your toddler.
- Do not get frustrate because you have to manage these things for a short time.
- You may also take help of babysitter.
Parenting Advice For Teenagers
It is not so easy to handle teenagers for parents. You may follow this advice for teenagers:
- Develop self confidence of your child.
- Make them independent.
- Praise them even if they fail.
- Make them feel that you are always there for him.
- Try to make them good in their work.
- Be polite with them, do not shout on them.
- Teach them discipline.
- Make some rules for them.
- Give them your time.
- Help them whenever they need it.
- Be clear to your rules.