Battling with Fatigue & thyroid problems- You Need Thyroid Cure
Thyroid cure is easily possible with medications and changes in food coupled with exercise. Different types of thyroid diseases are common nowadays. Thyroid gland controls all the metabolic activities of the body. Hence a disease of this gland is a challenging one to the patient’s day to day quality life.
The term thyroid cure simply means managing the symptoms of thyroid diseases in a comfortable way.
It requires proper intake medications in correct doses along with slight changes in daily diet along with exercise.
What is thyroid cure?
There are different types of thyroid diseases. Each one is different with its particular symptoms. As a matter of fact all thyroid disorders challenges to the quality life of the patient. So in thyroid cure, the levels of the hormones are adjusted with proper medications and the symptoms are treated to help the patient to lead a quality life.
Six types of disorders are there mainly for thyroid causes. They are;
- Hyperthyroidism: Excessive hormone production
- Hypothyroidism: Insufficient hormone production
- Thyroiditis: Swelling of thyroid gland
- Thyroid nodules: Abnormal noncancerous growth seen in thyroid gland
- Goiter: Enlargement of thyroid gland due to iodine deficiency
- Thyroid cancer: Cancerous changes of thyroid gland
Thyroid symptoms and cure
There are some early symptoms of thyroid diseases like sudden changes in body weight, fatigue or restlessness, hair fall, mood swings or intolerance to heat or cold.
A blood test is required to find out the type of disorder by estimating the thyroxin hormone level. Medicines are provided accordingly to adjust the level of hormone. Once the hormone levels are adjusted, all other symptoms will subside itself.
How to cure thyroid problems naturally
Majority of the thyroid problems are associated with iodine deficiency. Use of iodized salt is encouraged as well as sea foods and sea vegetables for thyroid cure naturally. Use of wholesome grains, pulses, coconut oil and exposure to sunlight are very essential for thyroid cure. Patients should be careful to limit the use of vegetables (Cruciferous) like cabbage, cauliflower,broccoli, soya and tapioca.
How to cure thyroid permanently
Treatment options like medicines, hormone supplementation, radioactive iodine therapy or surgeries are adopted according to the type of disease and its severity. If it is hormone supplementation, patients have to continue the medicine as lifelong.
Diet modification with more sea food, iodized salt, coconut oil, wholesome grains or pulses should be done. Intake of cruciferous vegetables should limit to below 5 gm per day if it is consumed raw.
Thyroid cure in pregnancy
Thyroid problems should be treated strictly in pregnancy if there are any. Thyroxin hormone requirement is high during pregnancy for a healthy baby as well as for safe pregnancy.
If the patients have hyperthyroidism, appropriate dose of antithyroid medicines should be taken according to the medical advice. Synthetic thyroid hormones are essential for thyroid cure in hypothyroidism. Use of iodized salt and sea food are highly recommended for thyroid cure in pregnancy.
Thyroid cure for hypothyroidism
In hypothyroidism, the gland is underactive and do not produce enough of thyroxin hormone. Hormone substitution is the only thyroid cure in such cases. Patient may have to continue the medication as lifelong for thyroid cure.
Patients have to limit the consumption of raw cruciferous vegetables below 5gm/day. Soya and tapioca are not advisable because of their high goitrogen content. Use of iodized salt, sea vegetables and fishes are very good for thyroid cure.
Thyroid cure for hyperthyroidism
In hyperthyroidism conditions, the gland produces excess quantity of hormone than required. Appropriated doses of antithyroid medications are advised after diagnosis, as thyroid cure.
If the condition is due to some other nodules, swelling or autoimmune disease patient may have to undergo radioactive iodine treatment or surgery as thyroid cure according to medical advice.
Thyroid cure for thyroiditis
Swelling of thyroid gland is thyroiditis. Four types of thyroiditis are there. Thyroid cure for thyroiditis depends up on the symptoms, that the patient presents with. Generally the patients are advised to take nonsteroid anti-inflammatory types of medicines only on medical supervision along with rest.
Thyroid cure for thyroid nodules
Thyroid nodules are extra growth of thyroid gland and they are not cancerous. Thyroid cure for thyroid nodules requires radioactive iodine treatment and antithyroid medicines. In very rare cases the nodule may cause obstruction in normal breathing and swallowing. Such situations patients have to undergo surgical procedures to correct it.
Thyroid cure for papillary thyroid carcinoma
This is the most common types of thyroid cancer. If the cancer is in the first or second stage and is not spread in to other part, partial or total removal of thyroid or lymph nodes are opted as thyroid cure. Radioactive iodine therapy is also effective in such situation. Patients have to continue on hormone replacement therapy for life long.
Thyroid cure for thyroid cancer
Thyroid cancers are of three types like Papillary thyroid carcinoma, Follicular thyroid carcinoma and Medullary thyroid carcinoma. Main thyroid cure for cancer is radioactive iodine therapy and partial or total removal of thyroid and lymph nodes.
If the cancer has spread to other parts of the body, then internal or external radiations are required to control the disease. Chemotherapy is also suggested according to the nature of the cancer.
Medicines for thyroid cure
Effective medicines are available for thyroid cure in different thyroid diseases. Antithyroid medicines are for overactive thyroid and hormone therapy with artificial thyroxin is adopted for underactive thyroid. Radioactive iodine therapy is effective for thyroid nodules and cancers. Sugary, chemotherapy or radiation are also there for cancer conditions according to the nature of disease.
Thyroid cure for thyroid adenoma
Thyroid adenoma is noncancerous growth, which is firm and rubbery and enclosed in nature. Thyroid cure for adenoma is to manage the symptoms by antithyroid medicines. Continuous monitoring is required in this condition. If any growth is noticed, surgical removal of a part or whole thyroid gland is required.
Which are the food items that help in thyroid cure in hyperthyroidism?
Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli are said to be good for thyroid cure in hyperthyroidism. Including, berries, salmon, turkey, yogurt and milk in regular diet are also recommended.
What is the thyroid cure for Hashimoto’s thyroiditis?
It is an autoimmune disease in which, the body immune system works against our own body. This disease presents as underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) in patients. Synthetic thyroxin according to medical advice is the thyroid cure for this disease and medicine should continue as lifelong treatment.
Thyroid cure for nodules by radioactive iodine are a permanent solution?
Radioactive iodine and hormone replacement therapy are normal thyroid cure methods. In majority cases nodules do not grow and it may shrink naturally. If the nodule is too large to obstruct the throat, then surgical removal is adopted. But continuous monitoring is required as there are chances of recurrence.
Why radioactive iodine is used in thyroid cure?
Iodine is a main ingredient for thyroid hormone (Thyroxin). The thyroid gland is having affinity towards iodine to absorb it in to the gland. This character of thyroid gland is taken as the advantage in radioactive iodine treatment to destroy extra growth or cancers.
How one can doubt about thyroid disease?
Thyroid disorders are having some typical symptoms. If a person notices sudden changes in body weight (loss or gain), fatigue, excessive hair loss and heat or cold sensitivity, it can be doubted for thyroid diseases.
How the disease is diagnosed?
A physical examination of neck will give signs of thyroiditis, nodules, goiter, and cancers if any. Blood test is helpful to find out the hormone level in body. Level of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSAH) is considered as main parameter. Further test or medication is decided according to level of TSH.
What are TSH and its importance in thyroid diseases?
Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) is produced from the pituitary gland of the brain. It is the main hormone controlling the production of thyroid hormone (thyroxin). If the thyroxin level is low in blood, the pituitary gland will produce more TSH to give more acceleration to the thyroid gland and vice-versa.
How important is use of iodized salt in thyroid cure?
Iodized salt is encouraged as a thyroid cure in almost all thyroid diseases. But recent studies show that it is particularly important for the population of Northern side of India. Population towards coastal area does not require iodized salt as they are getting it from other food items naturally. But care should be taken to keep iodized salt in nontransparent container as they may get sublimed.
How sea food helps in thyroid cure?
Sea foods are loaded with minerals, especially iodine. Iodine is the vital ingredient for thyroid functioning. Selenium is another important mineral which helps in thyroid cure. Iodine present in seafood items are safe to consume for hyperthyroid patient too for a total well being.
How to modify diet for thyroid cure in hyperthyroid patients?
Antithyroid medications are advised for thyroid cure in hyperactive thyroid disease. Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli contains natural antithyroid ingredient known as goitrogens. Same way tapioca and soya also contains goitrogens in it. So uses of these food items are encouraged in hyperthyroid patients.
Who all are at risk of getting thyroid problems?
There are so many risk factors for thyroid diseases.
Hereditary: Having thyroid disease in the family is a reason to develop the same.
Gender: Women have more chance (3 to 4 times) than men for thyroid diseases
Stress: Leading a stressful life gradually cause thyroid impairment.
Medical history: History of some temporary or self limiting thyroid condition like postpartum thyroiditis is a risk factor to develop disordered in later stages.
Age: In women especially after age of 50, chances of developing thyroid disease are high.
Surgery: Neck surgeries related with thyroid or nearby organ can be a reason for thyroid disorder later.
Trauma: Trauma to the neck area may cause developing thyroid disorders.
Radiation exposure: Regular exposure to radiation (for some other treatments or work related) becomes a risk factor for thyroid disease.
Pregnancy: Risk of developing thyroid disease is high within one year after delivery
Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of getting thyroid diseases
Food culture: Consuming lots of food containing goitrogens is a reason for getting hypothyroidism
Iodine: Insufficient iodine cause thyroid diseases, as well as excessive intake of iodine through supplementation, in people dwelling in coastal area, also trigger disorders.
Medications: Some medications like immunosuppressant or antiretroviral taken for some other disease may cause thyroid diseases in patients.
What are the main causes of thyroid problems?
Studies shows thyroid disorders are very common nowadays than before. Presence of additives, artificial food color, flavor enhancers, preservatives and pesticides in food are said to be an important reason for this. Pollution and stressful life also contribute to that. Wide spread use of iodized salt is also said to be as one of the factors for developing thyroid diseases.
What one should do for healthy thyroid?
Try to avoid junk food and packed masala for cooking. Drink enough of pure water. Use iodized salt if one is residing in an iodine deficient geographical area. Keep moderation in consumption of cruciferous vegetables and soya. Increase the use of seafood items. Try to keep life stress free. Find out time for exercise and yoga.
How important is diet modification in thyroid cure?
Diet modification of course helps in thyroid cure by reducing its symptoms and difficulties. But main factor is medication, to maintain normal thyroid hormone level.
Knowing the food items that reduces the absorption medication is very important for effective treatment.
What are the diagnostic procedures related with thyroid diseases other than blood test?
In addition to the basic blood test, there are other tests to confirm different thyroid diseases. They are;
- Ultrasound: Used to check thyroid nodules or lumps
- Thyroid scan: It is to assess the size, shape and position of thyroid gland.
- Radioactive iodine uptake test: Monitor thyroid functioning.
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy: This test is to confirm cancerous changes.
What are the safe limits of thyroid hormones?
The basic assessment depends up on the level of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). In a normal healthy adult it should be 0.25 to 5 micro IU/ml.
Which are the main supplements that help in thyroid cure?
Body may suffer with deficiencies of some nutrients in thyroid disorders, even if it is included in the diet. Adding some supplements in daily routine will help in thyroid cure. They are mainly;
- Calcium: Calcium absorption from the diet may not be proper in thyroid patients.
- B vitamins: Helps in proper metabolism as they are known as co-enzymes
- Zink: One of the ingredient for thyroid hormone synthesis
- Selenium: Have a vital role in synthesis of thyroid hormone
- Vitamin D: Low vitamin D levels are common in thyroid problems.
- Probiotics: It helps in proper digestion and absorption of food in the body.
Related Articles on “Thyroid”- You Must Be Interested In
- Causes of Thyroid Diseases, Nodules, Storm Carcinoma and Cancer
- Home Remedies for Thyroid problems, Underactive Low Thyroid & Weight Gain
- Hyperthyroidism Definition, Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Diagnosis, Treatment and Medication
- Hyperthyroidism in Cats: Causes, Symptoms, Diet, Prognosis, Remedies, Treatment & Life Expectancy
- Hyperthyroidism Symptoms in Women, Men and Cats with Causes and Treatments
- Hypothyroidism Causes, Symptoms, Types & Treatment in Women, Men & Cats
- Hypothyroidism Diet Plan Meal Chart: Best Diet for People with Hypothyroidism to Lose Weight
- Hypothyroidism Natural Treatment Options, Effects & Supplements for Weight Loss in Women/ Men
- Long Term Side Effects of Hypothyroidism in Baby, Males & Females During Pregnancy
- Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Causes, Symptoms, Prevention & Treatment
- Parathyroid Gland Definition Disease Symptoms Function Level Test & Surgery
- Parathyroid Gland Location, Function, Size, Hormones, Disorders, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism Causes, Symptoms, Diet Treatment Guidelines & TSH Levels
- Symptoms of Hypothyroidism in Women, Men, Children Cats Checklist & Treatment
- Symptoms of Thyroid Adenoma, Cancer, Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism
- Symptoms of Thyroid Cancer in Females & Males in Early & Advanced Stage
- Symptoms of Thyroid in Women During Thyroid Problems, Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism
- Thyroid Adenoma Causes, Symptoms, Treatment & Surgery of Thyroid Adenoma
- Thyroid Cancer-Types, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Cure: Cure Thyroid Problems & Hypothyroidism Naturally & Permanently
- Thyroid Diet Plan for Thyroid Patient with Underactive Thyroid
- Thyroid Disease Definition Types Causes Symptoms Side Effects Tests & Treatment
- Thyroid Function Test Normal Values Interpretation Cost and Significance
- Thyroid Gland – Functions, Location, Hormones With Overactive & Underactive Thyroid
- Thyroid Hormone Synthesis Functions Levels Effects Diseases & Importance of T3 T4 TSH
- Thyroid in Pregnancy: Function, Low Thyroid Symptoms, Levels, Range Tests & Treatmment
- Thyroid Levels Chart Underactive, Low, High & Normal Thyroid Levels Range
- Thyroid Medicine Dosage, Side Effects & Natural Medicine for Hypothyroidism
- Thyroid Nodules Causes, Symptoms, Size, Surgery & Treatment of Thyroid Nodules
- Thyroid Nodules Symptoms & Causes of Cystic, Bilateral, Small Nodules
- Thyroid Problems in Women During Pregnancy Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism
- Thyroid Profile T3-T4-TSH Normal Values, Range, Test Procedure Cost & Interpretation
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Effects, Normal Range, Levels, Disorders & Tests
- Thyroid Storm Causes, Symptoms, Management, and Treatment of Thyroid Storm
- Thyroid Symptoms in Men During Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma, Adenoma, Low Thyroid Cancer & Goiter
- Thyroid Test at Home & thyroid function Test for TSH Levels T3 & T4
- Thyroid Treatment for Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Cancer, Adenoma & in Pregnancy
- Thyroidectomy Surgery Procedure Steps Scars Diet Types & Recovery complications
- Parathyroid Gland Definition Disease Symptoms Function Level Test & Surgery